Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xanax

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2738 Post(s)

Default Xanax

Fuck xanax, officially the stupidest recreational drug ever. Realised if I keep taking this shit then it's going to become a serious problem. started out as fun to take once in a while to chill and watch movies. Xanax, literally, does not chill you out unless it's one of your first couple times using it or if you have actual anxiety. After you get used to it, it is less likely to knock you out to sleep so you stay awake and do retarded shit. Also, the 'I need to take more factor' is 1000% worse than drinking. Imagine the amount of effort of taking 5 shots is as simple as swallowing a pill. Like at least when you're drinking you realize you're drunk, and you have to make an actual effort to drink more. With xanax you just want to feel even more chilled. More chilled = blackout. I wouldn't consider myself addicted to it, but for the few times I have taken it I sure have done some really dumb shit. Each time, it gets more and more stupid. Just to list off a couple things:

- Went to a movie. Fell asleep without knowing it until the movie ended. Proceeded to go to a park and smoke endless joints for 2-3 hours. Did not remember going to park until someone talked about it the next day and I was like 'what are you talking about we didn't do that'. Smoking weed in a park doesn't sound retarded to you? It was 1 am & the park was closed. Weed is illegal in my state. Having weed you might get lucky with a chill cop and he tells you to throw it away, or you could end up going to jail and then pretty much be ~$5,000-$10,000+ in the hole because you had to hire a lawyer, pay court fees, pay probation fees, pay fines & do community service and probably lose your job. You can argue that all that punishment sound unfair for a bit of weed. But it doesn't matter because I knew that's what would happen if I got caught. Maybe, but if you avoid smoking at a park it won't happen. It's also a felony to have any drug within < 1000 feet of a park. Being at a park when it's closed is a 100% guarantee for a cop to approach you if he sees anyone there. Oh yeah, I totally drove because 'derp took some xanax this joint isn't getting me high' >> 5 joints later "still not high".

- Smoked a joint in my room when I lived with my parents. Risking free rent to smoke weed in my room, nice.

- Woke up the next day & logged on to RS. Found myself wearing monks robes and a rune long in level 4 wild for some reason. Remembered I took xanax last night, went to look at how many I had left. Took every single one.

- took xanax for ~ 10 days straight at work. didn't do anything retarded but that whole time does not exist in my mind. I remember buying them, and then I remember running out.

- General holes in my memory anytime I took it more than a day in a row

- Decided taking 7 hits of LSD was a good idea because 'I want to trip tonight'. Took 3 more because my bartarded self wanted to say 'derp I took 1 mg of LSD'. I didn't even trip much because, turns out, I took more xanax and fell asleep.

- Gave someone at work 2 bars for their birthday. They took both of them. At work. They are no longer a co worker.

- Generally associating with other people who take xanax. Retardation by association.

- don't remember eating all the pills I had(again). this is the last time I took xanax.

Been a solid month since I have touched it. PSA to anyone wanting to try it: It's a fun chilltime the first couple times you take it, and then you fall asleep. Once you get used to it, it will make you want to take more to get that chilled out feeling again. The issue is you won't ever get chilled out since when you take more you will just black out. Your tolerance will become just high enough for you to stay awake, but just low enough for you to stay awake and do retarded shit. If you don't do anything stupid while you're xaned out your mind will tell you to take more until you do something stupid.

If you are prescribed any benzo, please for god sake take as recommended, and then less. You see that list of retarded shit above? That's from someone whos probably only taken less than ~100 in their lifetime. Imagine if I went full addict. That list would probably include a couple arrest stories, and maybe some stupid drama. Oh yeah, and benzo withdrawals can kill you. Seriously benzos are great for people who have anxiety disorders, but they hold little recreational value after you take them more than a couple times. Even then, it's best to deal with your anxiety issues with ways other than benzos.

TL;DR xanax bars are literal retard bombs, it's not even really a good recreational drug(basically benadryl that makes you retarded)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Don't ever do that shit. Xanax-like benzoes is what took my father's life last weekend.
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2738 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joopi View Post
    Don't ever do that shit. Xanax-like benzoes is what took my father's life last weekend.
    Sorry to hear that man. I myself did not become full on addicted to xanax so I can't speak for how hard the habit is to kick myself, but for what I've heard from other people it's pretty bad. I'm not sure what the case of your fathers is, but it's always a shame to hear when it starts with a prescription. I Know a guy at work who has been prescribed it for a couple years now and is trying to get off of it. He said he stopped refilling his script yet he still just bars it off other people & I told him look man if you have been taking it for the past couple years you can't just quit cold turkey. Go talk to your doctor so he can set you up to taper off of it. Benzos/alcohol you can't just quit cold turkey (but at least with benzos you can taper, with alcohol you can end up with reverse tolerance if you have liver damage)

Most common drugs people get addicted to:

Heroin/opiates, meth, crack/cocaine, benzos, alcohol, marijuana, caffeine, nicotine

of that list, the only ones who withdrawal can kill you:

benzos
    alcohol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

I am pretty sure that herion/opiates can kill you aswell when you quit cold turkey.

What about adderal/ritalin etc. what do you think about that stuff?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    501 Post(s)

My 2 rules for drugs:
    1: not physically addicting
    2: no (or very very low) potential for overdose

Even following these rules I've done some stupid shit that could have ended very badly if I hadn't been really lucky.
    Drugs can be great if you're smart, but they will fucking destroy you if you're not.
    When I had my wisdom teeth taken out I didn't take any of the painkillers they prescribed me.

@OP be smart and stay safe.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2738 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dennis View Post
    I am pretty sure that herion/opiates can kill you aswell when you quit cold turkey.

What about adderal/ritalin etc. what do you think about that stuff?
    Nope, opiate withdrawals are shitty but won't kill you.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    My 2 rules for drugs:
    This. I've deviated a couple times, but generally always stick to it.

Benzos aren't even all that fun, just incredibly habit forming. Glad to hear you've moved on.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rj View Post

Most common drugs people get addicted to:

Heroin/opiates, meth, crack/cocaine, benzos, alcohol, marijuana, caffeine, nicotine

Those fucking three here...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    501 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by superuser View Post
    Those fucking three here...
    Nicotine can be compared to heroin in terms of how addictive it is.
    Alcohol addiction varies from none to a lot. (genetic I think)
    Caffeine addiction isn't too serious. Easy to avoid and recover from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

My 2 rules for drugs:
    Golden rules.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1064 Post(s)

Good post, generally confirming my bewilderment as to why I was prescribed Klonopin in order to simply sleep better after Adderall, given all the horrible things I've heard about it. I've had some and not really noticed anything except feeling more chilled out but reading more about what it chemically does to you overtime is making me want to avoid the stuff completely.

Have heard that Klonopin is used as a middle tier drug to get people off a Xanax addiction so that all sounds like territory I want to steer clear from.

Best of luck man. Those golden rules are good @Citrus; and at first I only applied it to illegal substances e.g. Cocaine/heroine but it's funny how doctors can just expose you to something equally addictive under a "professional" setting.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

I actually have an anxiety/panic disorder and was prescribed Xanax as a short term relief when it first started. At the beginning, it helped a lot, but damn that stuff was scary. I was on a low dose, but the effects you mentioned was as concerning as you've described above. I'm glad I'm off of that stuff.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2738 Post(s)

Lol, found a 1/4 bar in my room that I hid from myself around a month ago

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

My 2 rules for drugs:

Even following these rules I've done some stupid shit that could have ended very badly if I hadn't been really lucky.
    Drugs can be great if you're smart, but they will fucking destroy you if you're not.
    When I had my wisdom teeth taken out I didn't take any of the painkillers they prescribed me.

@OP be smart and stay safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by OSRS BOT View Post
    Golden rules.
    3. Don't fuck with hallucinogens, especially if you're in a bad place mentally. It'll take you years, or maybe never to recover (speaking from experience).
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    501 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anth_ View Post
    3. Don't fuck with hallucinogens, especially if you're in a bad place mentally. It'll take you years, or maybe never to recover (speaking from experience).
    Yeah I've been there a few times, but it was my own fault for being an idiot.
    I'd say they're worth the risk if you're smart about it. Do your research and respect the shit out of them. Don't fuck with sketchy RCs. Take it REALLY slow at first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Yeah I've been there a few times, but it was my own fault for being an idiot.
    I'd say they're worth the risk if you're smart about it. Do your research and respect the shit out of them. Don't fuck with sketchy RCs. Take it REALLY slow at first.
    Golden advice Anth; set and setting and mindset are the golden factors for a pleasant healthy trip.

Take them with people you trust in a place you trust after purchasing from a dealer you can trust

My friends that are stuck in the xanax bubble call the hulks "time travelers". They take them so they can miss a day and wake up for something they want to do. I'll never understand it, because they always look like shit after.

I'll elaborate. 10 hour road trip? OK, they will pop bars while I cruise shotgun. We get to the city, and the driver and I are good to go but my homies are walking with their feet dragging and have bags under their eyes and look ghastly, even the morning after. But hey, they missed the drive... worth?!!?!.................... zzz

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anth_ View Post
    Err, no, can't say I have any idea about that. I've always enjoyed them. Plus they fit my 2 rules.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    Err, no, can't say I have any idea about that. I've always enjoyed them. Plus they fit my 2 rules.
    "Bad place mentally" being the most important point there
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Reading all this shit about pharmaceuticals just makes me glad i switched to Cannabis years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Last time i did bars was probably around a year ago its stupid asl i agree with you on that

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rj View Post
    Fuck xanax, officially the stupidest recreational drug ever. Realised if I keep taking this shit then it's going to become a serious problem. started out as fun to take once in a while to chill and watch movies. Xanax, literally, does not chill you out unless it's one of your first couple times using it or if you have actual anxiety. After you get used to it, it is less likely to knock you out to sleep so you stay awake and do retarded shit. Also, the 'I need to take more factor' is 1000% worse than drinking. Imagine the amount of effort of taking 5 shots is as simple as swallowing a pill. Like at least when you're drinking you realize you're drunk, and you have to make an actual effort to drink more. With xanax you just want to feel even more chilled. More chilled = blackout. I wouldn't consider myself addicted to it, but for the few times I have taken it I sure have done some really dumb shit. Each time, it gets more and more stupid. Just to list off a couple things:

- Went to a movie. Fell asleep without knowing it until the movie ended. Proceeded to go to a park and smoke endless joints for 2-3 hours. Did not remember going to park until someone talked about it the next day and I was like 'what are you talking about we didn't do that'. Smoking weed in a park doesn't sound retarded to you? It was 1 am & the park was closed. Weed is illegal in my state. Having weed you might get lucky with a chill cop and he tells you to throw it away, or you could end up going to jail and then pretty much be ~$5,000-$10,000+ in the hole because you had to hire a lawyer, pay court fees, pay probation fees, pay fines & do community service and probably lose your job. You can argue that all that punishment sound unfair for a bit of weed. But it doesn't matter because I knew that's what would happen if I got caught. Maybe, but if you avoid smoking at a park it won't happen. It's also a felony to have any drug within < 1000 feet of a park. Being at a park when it's closed is a 100% guarantee for a cop to approach you if he sees anyone there. Oh yeah, I totally drove because 'derp took some xanax this joint isn't getting me high' >> 5 joints later "still not high".

- Smoked a joint in my room when I lived with my parents. Risking free rent to smoke weed in my room, nice.

- Woke up the next day & logged on to RS. Found myself wearing monks robes and a rune long in level 4 wild for some reason. Remembered I took xanax last night, went to look at how many I had left. Took every single one.

- took xanax for ~ 10 days straight at work. didn't do anything retarded but that whole time does not exist in my mind. I remember buying them, and then I remember running out.

- General holes in my memory anytime I took it more than a day in a row

- Decided taking 7 hits of LSD was a good idea because 'I want to trip tonight'. Took 3 more because my bartarded self wanted to say 'derp I took 1 mg of LSD'. I didn't even trip much because, turns out, I took more xanax and fell asleep.

- Gave someone at work 2 bars for their birthday. They took both of them. At work. They are no longer a co worker.

- Generally associating with other people who take xanax. Retardation by association.

- don't remember eating all the pills I had(again). this is the last time I took xanax.

Been a solid month since I have touched it. PSA to anyone wanting to try it: It's a fun chilltime the first couple times you take it, and then you fall asleep. Once you get used to it, it will make you want to take more to get that chilled out feeling again. The issue is you won't ever get chilled out since when you take more you will just black out. Your tolerance will become just high enough for you to stay awake, but just low enough for you to stay awake and do retarded shit. If you don't do anything stupid while you're xaned out your mind will tell you to take more until you do something stupid.

If you are prescribed any benzo, please for god sake take as recommended, and then less. You see that list of retarded shit above? That's from someone whos probably only taken less than ~100 in their lifetime. Imagine if I went full addict. That list would probably include a couple arrest stories, and maybe some stupid drama. Oh yeah, and benzo withdrawals can kill you. Seriously benzos are great for people who have anxiety disorders, but they hold little recreational value after you take them more than a couple times. Even then, it's best to deal with your anxiety issues with ways other than benzos.

TL;DR xanax bars are literal retard bombs, it's not even really a good recreational drug(basically benadryl that makes you retarded)
    This made my day =D

The dark web sell chinese xanax dirt cheap... considering half a gram is 500 mg...

At the start of the night you are sensibly weighing out (most will fail) average scales 0.01 (10) mg the room for error is enormous.
    By the end; well 500 mg later, 72 hours has passed and you realised that you just had your first encounter with Alzheimer's

10 mg of xanax for any newcomer will knock them out - considering the strongest dosage in AU is a 2 mg bar.

Well anyway if you think that's something to sneeze at; hell try some carfentanil

<------------------>

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Sure, Alprazolam is not recreational drug, it's for medical use only. It works on GABAa receptors, what gives sedative effect on your brain. It removes anxiety and make you relaxed by calming down activeness of neurons - literally deactivating your brain. I wouldn't recommend shutting brain off for anyone.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bg5 View Post
    Sure, Alprazolam is not recreational drug, it's for medical use only. It works on GABAa receptors, what gives sedative effect on your brain. It removes anxiety and make you relaxed by calming down activeness of neurons - literally deactivating your brain. I wouldn't recommend shutting brain off for anyone.
    As a chronic pain sufferer; and as would most.. You seek out anything that would provide relief... even if only momentarily.

Hell i would even drink my own urine if i thought it would provide relief...

As the the doctors in my country will not prescribe actual pain medication anymore with fears that the effects of Australian prescription opiates is having a negative impact on society much like the US

The medication prescribe has caused me to have Epilepsy... So as you can guess i have lost all faith in the medical system and have had to look a little outside the box at times.

But i do agree long term Xanax will eventually lead to unintentional black outs; as the dosage increases... But the sedative effect of benzos provides great pain relief...

<------------------>

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFools View Post
    As the the doctors in my country will not prescribe actual pain medication anymore with fears that the effects of Australian prescription opiates is having a negative impact on society much like the US

The medication prescribe has caused me to have Epilepsy... So as you can guess i have lost all faith in the medical system and have had to look a little outside the box at times.

But i do agree long term Xanax will eventually lead to unintentional black outs; as the dosage increases... But the sedative effect of benzos provides great pain relief...
    I'm sorry to read that. But Xanax isn't created to be a pain killer. It can take away from you much more than pain. There still should be other drugs with less side effects.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2738 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFools View Post
    This made my day =D

The dark web sell chinese xanax dirt cheap... considering half a gram is 500 mg...

At the start of the night you are sensibly weighing out (most will fail) average scales 0.01 (10) mg the room for error is enormous.
    By the end; well 500 mg later, 72 hours has passed and you realised that you just had your first encounter with Alzheimer's

10 mg of xanax for any newcomer will knock them out - considering the strongest dosage in AU is a 2 mg bar.

Well anyway if you think that's something to sneeze at; hell try some carfentanil
    carfentil and aplrazolam and totally 2 different drugs lol..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information