Thread: Need help bypassing TRSLobby.findPlayButton(): result = False

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Default Need help bypassing lobby

So I'm working on updating a script and cannot get past the TRSLobby.findPlayButton(): result = False

I suspect it's because the script deliberately uses accounts that have no in game name and thus goes past the lobby straight into the game to make a new character name.

What code could I add to not receive this error?

Edit: Basically i think i need to tell it to not getCurrentTab, openTab, or findPlayButton
    I've tried a few solutions to this end but keep coming up short. Any help would be awesome!
    Last edited by Amends; 07-04-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amends View Post
    So I'm working on updating a script and cannot get past the TRSLobby.findPlayButton(): result = False

I suspect it's because the script deliberately uses accounts that have no in game name and thus goes past the lobby straight into the game to make a new character name.

What code could I add to not receive this error?

Edit: Basically i think i need to tell it to not getCurrentTab, openTab, or findPlayButton
    I've tried a few solutions to this end but keep coming up short. Any help would be awesome!
    I really would love to help you but you've posted no code for us to see what is going on. Post the script so we can see what's going on.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Find something unique about the screen you're ending up at. Add this in to an override of TPlayer.login(), you'll likely need to change some of the logic there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    Find something unique about the screen you're ending up at. Add this in to an override of TPlayer.login(), you'll likely need to change some of the logic there.
    I'm still hitting similar roadblocks. First of all, what would an efficient override of TPlayer.login() look like? I still need the account to login but am making that procedure stop with an override.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amends View Post
    I'm still hitting similar roadblocks. First of all, what would an efficient override of TPlayer.login() look like? I still need the account to login but am making that procedure stop with an override.
    If I was doing this I'd probably go through the current code in that function, put in some debugging code (writeln / smartimage.__) to get an understanding of anything I dont understand about it. Once ya know what it's trying to do, you then should be able to modify it in order to have it do whatever you want done.

Thread Information