Thread: Login broken after last update.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Default Login broken after last update.

The login screen changed after last update(they've added a remember username and hide username box). Now it messes up logging in. If someone could help me fix this please. I've already tried editing the loginbox and passwordbox Tbox but to no avail, while I managed to get it to enter the username at the right spot it immediately follows with the password behind the username instead of in the passwordbox.
    Last edited by Pastah; 08-25-2017 at 03:48 AM. Reason: typing error

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Seek help on the same. Login broken after last update.
    Last edited by lcbbln; 08-25-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

I just noticed AeroLib's login was also broken so I'll be working on this immediately. Aside from the username/password boxes being off, is there anything else that you've noticed was broken?

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Reflection sucks. I mean.. I wonder if this affected SRL as well.. #fixedInSRL
    Last edited by slacky; 08-25-2017 at 03:29 PM.
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    I just noticed AeroLib's login was also broken so I'll be working on this immediately. Aside from the username/password boxes being off, is there anything else that you've noticed was broken?
    It's also like it doesn't know when to go to the password box, it just types in the username immediately followed by the password in the loginbox. Mind you I've edited the login and password Tbox so they are at the right place. Maybe I made a mistake or something more than this needs to be fixed.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slacky View Post
    Reflection sucks. I mean.. I wonder if this affected SRL as well.. #fixedInSRL
    Says Reflection sucks; Colour got broken. https://github.com/SRL/SRL/commit/ba...2a8cc3725a4ca3

The reflection include uses COLOUR for Login -_-
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pastah View Post
    It's also like it doesn't know when to go to the password box, it just types in the username immediately followed by the password in the loginbox. Mind you I've edited the login and password Tbox so they are at the right place. Maybe I made a mistake or something more than this needs to be fixed.
    All fixed in AeroLib. I briefly tested the login and it seems to work fine under revision 1.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Thanks everyone for all the help, I still had the same problem of it entering the password right after the username.
    I managed to fix it by changing line 285 in the login.simba file from

Reflect.Keyboard.Send(Password+'{enter}');

to

Reflect.Keyboard.Send('{enter}'+Password+'{enter}' );

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Says Reflection sucks; Colour got broken. https://github.com/SRL/SRL/commit/ba...2a8cc3725a4ca3

The reflection include uses COLOUR for Login -_-
    Cool, reflection sucks anyway - poor mans way to botting. Fyi.. static/hard coded boxes was off [nothing related to color]. The whole method should have rather located the actual "login" and "password"-text, which could have been used to create them areas dynamically. But ya know, had cut some corners when it's a 2 man project in order to complete it, since none of the two dev's actually gave a fuck about RS.
    Last edited by slacky; 08-26-2017 at 02:43 AM.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Cool, reflection sucks anyway - poor mans way to botting.
    Cool story. The only thing poor around here is your attitude & understanding.

They did give a shit about it.. they just have other priorities in life first.
    Last edited by Brandon; 08-26-2017 at 06:09 AM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Cool, reflection sucks anyway - poor mans way to botting. Fyi.. static/hard coded boxes was off [nothing related to color]. The whole method should have rather located the actual "login" and "password"-text, which could have been used to create them areas dynamically. But ya know, had cut some corners when it's a 2 man project in order to complete it, since none of the two dev's actually gave a fuck about RS.
    Not sure why they need to be created dynamically. They're hard-coded in the client based off where the login screen starts. Also you don't really need to know where the boxes are in order to log in with reflection.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

> Says Reflection is the poor mans way of botting
    > Uses static boxes for login methods in a color include

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Ugh let's not form this into another Reflection vs color debate. Clearly there's pros and cons in either direction, and to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    Not sure why they need to be created dynamically. They're hard-coded in the client based off where the login screen starts. Also you don't really need to know where the boxes are in order to log in with reflection.
    I didn't think about making the login screen information dynamically in that way, though it makes sense. AeroLib HD utilizes text on the screen for relevant coordinates, as Slacky suggested above. Kinda surprising I didn't do it that way because the majority of the include itself detects sprite and interface positions based off tiny, unique DTMs. Oh well, I doubt the difference between OCR and a static login screen DTM/Bitmap is significant.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Cool story. The only thing poor around here is your attitude & understanding.

They did give a shit about it.. they just have other priorities in life first.
    I am joking man, glad you liked the story tho, I made it up all by myself
    Btw, I wrote SRL alongside Olly. We are the two devs I am talkin about. I surely didn't care much for RS anymore, cant speak for Olly tho, but knew he was bored of RS at least

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    Not sure why they need to be created dynamically. They're hard-coded in the client based off where the login screen starts.
    Huh? The only good argument for just hardcoding the boxes like it was, is that it rarely changes. Writing a more dynamic solution is the long term lazy way to ensure or make it less likely that you don't have to update it.
    Last edited by slacky; 08-26-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

I am joking man, glad you liked the story tho, I made it up all by myself
    Btw, I wrote SRL alongside Olly. We are the two devs I am talkin about. I surely didn't care much for RS anymore, cant speak for Olly tho, but knew he was bored of RS at least

Huh? The only good argument for just hardcoding the boxes like it was, is that it rarely changes. Writing a more dynamic solution is the long term lazy way to ensure or make it less likely that you don't have to update it.
    Sure it might be cooler to dynamically find them but the colours have just as much chance of changing as the static hard-coded coordinates do, just like the text or anything else. Not sure you can future-proof for that without some sense of AI. I guess we just think differently.

Thread Information