Thread: Assumption correct?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Default Assumption correct?

Working on a ogl runespan script and when I went to collect ids I noticed that some creatures and nodes of the same type share a model id (ex: Fire, Mind, and Earth esslings, but not Water or Air) and there doesn't seem to be a way to differentiate them. I'd assumed that the texture id for the model would be the way to fix this issue but the TID for each conflicting model is the same... Im assuming i'll need to use color to differentiate them but at that point it seems useless to make this a ogl script and to instead do 100% color if im going to need to collect that info as well.

Just wondering if ogl has some way to tell these apart aka is there a way to find the variants of each model? Ive been playing with reading tooltips to tell the script what im hovering but doing that everytime is odd and makes the script slower.
    Last edited by ChainedHope; 08-27-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

debug every possible propery this models have and see what you can fiddle.
    Perhaps the boundaries have a certain ratio or something, like fire's width is twice the size of its length and so on...
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Is there an easy way to get all the information? Im looking through the ogLib library and I'm not seeing any functions for getting a models boundaries, poly count, etc.. The documentation in the library is kind of sparse when compared to other resources. Unless you mean to get the models X and Y and use other means (SRL-6)to find this information which I guess I can have a go at. Would probably be easier if I could get the idHighlight tool working, but for some reason its not.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

Any update on this @ChainedHope? I would look for the patch on their head that has the rune type. Otherwise I can see that the textures could be the same, and they may be recolored.
    The jealous temper of mankind, ever more disposed to censure than
    to praise the work of others, has constantly made the pursuit of new
    methods and systems no less perilous than the search after unknown
    lands and seas.

Thread Information