Thread: I got lost in time and space and wondered in here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Default I got lost in time and space and wondered in here.

Ello everyone. As Im being more active in the forums and joined the discord I figured I should make an introduction.

Im a computer and software engineer and write scripts as a hobby. I have about 8 years of experience in the botting scene. I wrote for powerbot for a few years, jumped ship to rsbuddy when that was the new great thing and then left rsbuddy when Jacmob decided to be a *expletive* douche and release all the data on botters to Jagex to get himself a job. Went back to powerbot for a few years and finally gave up when V7 of their client released. I had a difference of opinions in how they were running things and decided to open source all of my projects for people to learn from (22 scripts, 4 utilities) which was shortly taken down by powerbot staff because a lot of those scripts were private and used in gold farm operations (I may have gotten a few large farms banned or shutdown due to the influx of new people using the scripts). I dropped out of the scene for 2 years and have found my way back to it because of my own curiosity of the game I used to love.

I remembered this forum from when I joined a year ago to take a look at some R&D posts and decided to give it another shot. Im currently using ogLib (RS3)to get back into the swing of things as its close to what Im use to but its still missing a few things I grew accustom to (bit reading, genuinely unique ids, easy to use multithreading, swing forms, etc...) but I'll figure it all out eventually.

Thanks for having me and I hope I can help get some things made to help out.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

We have a Discord?
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    We have a Discord?
    Yup, https://discord.gg/6P9rfpB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    We have a Discord?
    Theres no sticky or info but you find the invite link floating around a few threads (or you can look at deejaays post)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChainedHope View Post
    Ello everyone. As Im being more active in the forums and joined the discord I figured I should make an introduction.

Im a computer and software engineer and write scripts as a hobby. I have about 8 years of experience in the botting scene. I wrote for powerbot for a few years, jumped ship to rsbuddy when that was the new great thing and then left rsbuddy when Jacmob decided to be a *expletive* douche and release all the data on botters to Jagex to get himself a job. Went back to powerbot for a few years and finally gave up when V7 of their client released. I had a difference of opinions in how they were running things and decided to open source all of my projects for people to learn from (22 scripts, 4 utilities) which was shortly taken down by powerbot staff because a lot of those scripts were private and used in gold farm operations (I may have gotten a few large farms banned or shutdown due to the influx of new people using the scripts). I dropped out of the scene for 2 years and have found my way back to it because of my own curiosity of the game I used to love.

I remembered this forum from when I joined a year ago to take a look at some R&D posts and decided to give it another shot. Im currently using ogLib (RS3)to get back into the swing of things as its close to what Im use to but its still missing a few things I grew accustom to (bit reading, genuinely unique ids, easy to use multithreading, swing forms, etc...) but I'll figure it all out eventually.

Thanks for having me and I hope I can help get some things made to help out.
    Welcome! Glad to see such an experienced scripter here. Enjoy your stay!

Thread Information