Thread: New(ish) main temp banned

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Default New(ish) main temp banned

My newish main is temp banned at the moment.

The account was most likely reported by players, because if it was software that detected it, I would have been perm banned. The entire account is 95% botted (Attack, Strength, Defense, Mage, Crafting, Fletching, HP all in the 90s or 99s).

Is only 2 or 3 months old xD

Updated my NMZ and FlaxSpin scripts with the latest versions on account of the ban. Won't be needing them
    Last edited by Dan the man; 09-18-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

If I was you, I'd chill on the botting on the account. Seven 90s+ in 2-3 months is crazy!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    If I was you, I'd chill on the botting on the account. Seven 90s+ in 2-3 months is crazy!
    Yeah think I am going to keep this account clean from this point, especially with OSRS mobile coming out

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Aw you're making me nervous haha, fits the description of my Raids test acc (although mining/agil/wc instead of craft/fletch). No ban yet but did the 99s in a similar timeframe. Any idea what you were banned doing?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

I am almost entirely certain that I was banned bank standing for 10 hours at a time.

I had a breakhandler on my script, but I would have it running at odd hours, and I imagine someone reported me when I didn't reply to them. Damn fletchers get board and try to talk to people

Thinking about making another account and testing in high populated servers so there is less chance of people talking to me. Have a very strong feeling this wasn't detection related, but rather player initiated.

got 74-96 magic and 61 to 92 crafting in about 5 days.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Ah well, to be honest I always bot bank standing skills in the most populated world at the GE. Completely lost in the swarm of player names. Also all my accounts have like a 40-50 base which probably helps against reports. Botting skills at remote banks is suspicious in my opinion. Unless there are instanced banks in OSRS? Not sure.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Ah well, to be honest I always bot bank standing skills in the most populated world at the GE. Completely lost in the swarm of player names. Also all my accounts have like a 40-50 base which probably helps against reports. Botting skills at remote banks is suspicious in my opinion. Unless there are instanced banks in OSRS? Not sure.
    Would be amazing if there was.

I was at Varrock West, but the world I was on gets very quiet late at night.

GE could be interesting.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    Would be amazing if there was.

I was at Varrock West, but the world I was on gets very quiet late at night.

GE could be interesting.
    Yeah Varrock West, especially at off hours, seems like a bad place. Maybe a couple of names. On a W2 population level, standing in the central GE tile is pretty safe (a right click on the tile yields dozens of player names).

This is for basic skilling 99s, of course I recommend unique areas for large gold farming endeavors. For example, nobody can ever know I am botting raids given the instanced nature of the activity.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Bank standing skills with even the slightest bit of profit are highly watched, as there are a lot of bots like fletching bots.
    Also I doubt that it was just a player report, could've been, but doesn't necessarily have had to been. 48 hour bans are dealt to anyone who 1. Has surpassed X amount of total level and 2. Has not had a 48H ban within a year.
    Last edited by Joopi; 09-19-2017 at 01:49 PM.
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joopi View Post
    48 hour bans are dealt to anyone who 1. Has surpassed X amount of total level and 2. Has not had a 48H ban within a year.
    how sure are you about that.... particularly the second one?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lolskilla View Post
    how sure are you about that.... particularly the second one?
    Wouldn't go by them as firm criteria. I had a perm 1st offense on an 1800+ HCIM account that was only skilling, but reported a lot (reports may dictate harsher punishment because the account has "angered" players). Also had a perm on a random goldfarmer acc ~2 years after it had received a 48 hour ban. Awhile ago my maxed/completionist main was perm banned 1st offense, but was unbanned later.

RS3 btw. Never been banned on OSRS (running multiple farms atm).
    Last edited by Clarity; 09-25-2017 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

how did you get unbanned?

Thread Information