Thread: trouble with SPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Default trouble with SPS

[RESOLVED]

I'm working on a script for the resource dungeon by the mining guild

I'm having trouble getting SPS to work. I want to use it to improve my navigation, rather than just head further east. I'd appreciate any insight anyone might have as to what is causing me trouble.

I know that SPS is finding the map image correctly, but it isn't doing anything with this code...

Code:
    procedure depositOre();

var pathToDepositBox : TPointArray;
      begin

pathToDepositBox := [[286,233],[197,235],[144, 229],[114,209]];

if SPS.walkPath(pathToDepositBox) then
        begin
          minimap.waitPlayerMoving();
          wait(pause);
        end
    and more stuff later on that doesn't touch on SPS

I've been racking my brains trying to figure out what the likely culprit is. It looks like the same format used in the tutorials, but the walkPath() comes back as false so it just skips the block after it.

SPS image file attached in case that sheds some light on things.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ransburger; 09-22-2017 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Added resolved header to post

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ransburger View Post
    I'm working on a script for the resource dungeon by the mining guild

I'm having trouble getting SPS to work. I want to use it to improve my navigation, rather than just head further east. I'd appreciate any insight anyone might have as to what is causing me trouble.

I've been racking my brains trying to figure out what the likely culprit is. It looks like the same format used in the tutorials, but the walkPath() comes back as false so it just skips the block after it.

SPS image file attached in case that sheds some light on things.
    Try walking around and debugging your position. You might have to change some of the SPS settings.
    Although, I wouldn't even use SPS in this case.
    Last edited by Citrus; 09-21-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Your map looks zoomed in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Yes, my map was zoomed in. I think that was the error. I created a new map at 100% instead of the approx 175% it had been. Works like a charm now and fixes another SPS issue I was having in the "picking cabbies" tutorial.

My player navigates directly where I wants to and has the capacity to do better decision based navigation instead of dead reckoning. I think this script ( my first) will be polished enough for posting before too long.

Thanks all!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ransburger View Post
    Yes, my map was zoomed in. I think that was the error. I created a new map at 100% instead of the approx 175% it had been. Works like a charm now and fixes another SPS issue I was having in the "picking cabbies" tutorial.

My player navigates directly where I wants to and has the capacity to do better decision based navigation instead of dead reckoning. I think this script ( my first) will be polished enough for posting before too long.

Thanks all!
    glad you figured it out. I had similar issues, trying to use old maps or the world map... easiest way to get good sps maps is to re-size the backpack as small as it will go; put the gametabs (char/abilities/settings/etc.) in the slot where the backpack was taking space; then resize the minimap as large as it will go until you can see the entire loaded space in your minimap. haven't run into any issues with SPS since i've been using this method :P

Thread Information