Thread: Runescape Classic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Default Runescape Classic

Any old rsc players still hanging out around here? There used to be a community, apos, (if its against the rules to quote other communities i'll delete the thread), but its been quite a while since the boards were still up.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

I used to when it was just Runescape. I've never heard of Apos however I was part of the communities RuneCMS (before Sythe) and RSCLabs which revolved around bots.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Is Simba viable for rsc clients such rscrevolution? I play revolution sometimes at work. Do you play official client or what?
    Jesus loves you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    I used to when it was just Runescape. I've never heard of Apos however I was part of the communities RuneCMS (before Sythe) and RSCLabs which revolved around bots.
    same! i dont remember runecms though; just rei-net with reines. I remember simba used to be scar which was "shit compared to autorune". never used it though, only tried scar when it was part of srl-labs

STS was the only bot i really got into, until apos came around like 6-7 years ago. was really user friendly to code

\\
    Quote Originally Posted by Emarian View Post
    Is Simba viable for rsc clients such rscrevolution? I play revolution sometimes at work. Do you play official client or what?
    dunno if it is. I havent logged on in a few years but I used to play exclusively via 3rd part client... more fun more features and autowalkers. Havent logged on to an official client in maybe a decade ;D
    Last edited by lolskilla; 10-03-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Wasn't RSC taken out due to lack of support?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    Wasn't RSC taken out due to lack of support?
    nope. I don't think they would ever remove the game. Its been there too long, and at this point its like a living fossil

Many years ago the jmods proposed adding a world where everyone could change combat stats (much like private server, thus removing the need for botting and other private servers, cause lets get real, who in the world has time to level stats beyond 70 legit in that game anymore).
    Turns out nobody at Jagex (or so they claim), has any idea how to work on the game or code it. So that ended up getting scrapped. The game is prety much untouched. Every once in a while NPC's break until there is a server reset.

edit here is the link for the game

Code:
    http://www.runescape.com/classicapplet/playclassic.ws

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lolskilla View Post
    nope. I don't think they would ever remove the game. Its been there too long, and at this point its like a living fossil

Many years ago the jmods proposed adding a world where everyone could change combat stats (much like private server, thus removing the need for botting and other private servers, cause lets get real, who in the world has time to level stats beyond 70 legit in that game anymore).
    Turns out nobody at Jagex (or so they claim), has any idea how to work on the game or code it. So that ended up getting scrapped. The game is prety much untouched. Every once in a while NPC's break until there is a server reset.

edit here is the link for the game

Code:
    http://www.runescape.com/classicapplet/playclassic.ws
    Rep+, thank you for the details and insight!

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lolskilla View Post
    same! i dont remember runecms though; just rei-net with reines. I remember simba used to be scar which was "shit compared to autorune". never used it though, only tried scar when it was part of srl-labs

STS was the only bot i really got into, until apos came around like 6-7 years ago. was really user friendly to code

\\

dunno if it is. I havent logged on in a few years but I used to play exclusively via 3rd part client... more fun more features and autowalkers. Havent logged on to an official client in maybe a decade ;D
    I remember Skull Torcher Scriptable, it may have come before SBot which was the most popular and longest running scriptable bot in that class for RSC. I was more familiar with it as opposed to STS. By the time I got into RS macoring, AutoRune was already out of commission, Scar replaced it and java-based bots were coming into play. I remember rocking Scar for hours on in with RSC.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

So I just recovered 3 old accounts I made in 2002 that are able to access classic since they were created that long ago. I came here because I know there used to be a sub for classic here but it seems to be gone. Is there any type of way to use Simba on RSC? I haven't been here in a while and I am not too familiar with the current state of Simba. Mostly just curious, not trying to beg for anything. If there is anyone working on anything I would love to help!
    Quote Originally Posted by h_king1998 View Post
    how come it does not bank in al-kharid when i do mine 1 drop 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by doublex8 View Post
    So I just recovered 3 old accounts I made in 2002 that are able to access classic since they were created that long ago. I came here because I know there used to be a sub for classic here but it seems to be gone. Is there any type of way to use Simba on RSC? I haven't been here in a while and I am not too familiar with the current state of Simba. Mostly just curious, not trying to beg for anything. If there is anyone working on anything I would love to help!
    There's a subforum for Classic scripts:

https://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=298

It's not really used very often but the good thing is classic doesn't change, so those scripts should work even if they are old.

Thread Information