Thread: Hurricane Ophelia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Default Hurricane Ophelia

Ayy whatsup ireland and UK people... hope youre all ready for Ophelia!!!

Nobody here seems to take this serious at all. Really hoping it wont be like Sandy in USA a few years back

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Stay safe y'all! I was hit a month ago or so by Hurricane Harvey... Stock up on water/gas/etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    Stay safe y'all! I was hit a month ago or so by Hurricane Harvey... Stock up on water/gas/etc
    holy smokes... harvey was horrible from what i read. Have you recovered/ were you at least a bit fortunate?

the worst of the storm has passed us already, 3 people died, a few from felled trees. We got lucky; the winds werent as bad as they were expected to be and flooding wasnt too crazy. I live about 300m from the ocean so it could have been much worse. Fortunately all houses here are made of concrete or bricks. so property damage is limited

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lolskilla View Post
    holy smokes... harvey was horrible from what i read. Have you recovered/ were you at least a bit fortunate?

the worst of the storm has passed us already, 3 people died, a few from felled trees. We got lucky; the winds werent as bad as they were expected to be and flooding wasnt too crazy. I live about 300m from the ocean so it could have been much worse. Fortunately all houses here are made of concrete or bricks. so property damage is limited
    My area was where it hit the hardest. However, thank God my house and cars were all perfectly fine. I was smoking shisha/hookah for 70% of the time lol. Flooding was crazy here, I was pretty much stranded at home for 3-4 days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    My area was where it hit the hardest. However, thank God my house and cars were all perfectly fine. I was smoking shisha/hookah for 70% of the time lol. Flooding was crazy here, I was pretty much stranded at home for 3-4 days.
    aww man... i cant even imagine that. You got really lucky with the fact that the important stuff was left intact and you had your vices to get through the times!!! I used to live in New England... our superstorms meant 2-3 days locked inside with loads of food liquor and candles or generator(if u had one). Did you have power?

Thread Information