Thread: The end of colour botting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Default The end of colour botting?

I haven't been on here for a long while. 3+ years.

Recently got back into RS and it looks like something happened when I was gone? What was once an extremely active subforum(RS3 scripts) now sees threads that haven't been posted in for months/years, evidently abandoned.

What happened? Did Jagex find a way to catch out SIMBA/SRL? Is there a replacement?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

No most contributors/scripters grew up and don't have as much time as we use to...therefore, scripts became outdated...leechers left us

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

Yes, when Jagex did the update that took color out of the game, the color bots went wit it. A grim day indeed.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aspect View Post
    Yes, when Jagex did the update that took color out of the game, the color bots went wit it. A grim day indeed.
    It's ok, @slacky; will publish his black & white SRL/SRL/SRL include soon, ushering in a new age for srl.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    No most contributors/scripters grew up and don't have as much time as we use to...therefore, scripts became outdated...leechers left us
    This.

Color scripting, at least on OSRS is more capable than ever. The map is perfect now, there's no skewing, there's no angle randomness either. This was probably the biggest problem with color scripting. Even randoms, you can just dismiss them now.

That being said. Reflecting, injection both work better to bot runescape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    This.
    That being said. Reflecting, injection both work better to bot runescape.
    I know this post is a bit old, but you mind clarifying that? Most of what I see is that color/Aerolib is the way to go, and using reflection leads to pretty easy bans. Or do you just mean that the general usability of reflection is better, in which case that is understandable.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JSmooth View Post
    I know this post is a bit old, but you mind clarifying that? Most of what I see is that color/Aerolib is the way to go, and using reflection leads to pretty easy bans. Or do you just mean that the general usability of reflection is better, in which case that is understandable.
    Reflection/Injection is def more reliable in terms of the bot not messing up for sure, it's also a lot easier to write scripts with ref/inj.

In regards to your second point, I don't experience bans with reflection. I know someone who is in the top 500 high-scores for fishing through minnow farming from level 82 (he has well over 40m xp), botted from level 1/0 xp using a reflection type bot, may i also add, it's a level 3. Hasn't been banned once.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Reflection/Injection is def more reliable in terms of the bot not messing up for sure, it's also a lot easier to write scripts with ref/inj.

In regards to your second point, I don't experience bans with reflection. I know someone who is in the top 500 high-scores for fishing through minnow farming from level 82 (he has well over 40m xp), botted from level 1/0 xp using a reflection type bot, may i also add, it's a level 3. Hasn't been banned once.
    Does the script have antiban etc on it?
    Would love to see the script

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    Does the script have antiban etc on it?
    Would love to see the script
    Nothing too advanced. @Twinki; actually wrote it for someone and i doubt he'd opensource it, it isn't written for simba. AFAIK, it just has decent delays between actions and loses focus of the client every so often. It uses resizeable mode and a teleporting mouse too...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Nothing too advanced. @Twinki; actually wrote it for someone and i doubt he'd opensource it, it isn't written for simba. AFAIK, it just has decent delays between actions and loses focus of the client every so often. It uses resizeable mode and a teleporting mouse too...
    Yeah I wouldn't release it if I was having that sort of success; at least until I was finished using it.

I have had success with low user input scripts like NMZ, which interacts once or twice with the client every 45-60 seconds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

I'm assuming that was a private script? Reflection is easy to detect in terms of client interaction but maybe it's more so that Jagex just looks for major reflection clients themselves and not all reflection in itself (i.e. looking for Powerbot or whatever the popular reflection site is these days). Especially since legal 3rd party software uses reflection and not color, I could see why a private script would go unnoticed more often.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

I'm assuming that was a private script? Reflection is easy to detect in terms of client interaction but maybe it's more so that Jagex just looks for major reflection clients themselves and not all reflection in itself (i.e. looking for Powerbot or whatever the popular reflection site is these days). Especially since legal 3rd party software uses reflection and not color, I could see why a private script would go unnoticed more often.
    It was a 200 line script thrown together in a day.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Could you elaborate on client interaction? OSBuddy don't just use reflection, most 3rd party clients use a combination of both. We also managed 1-99 f2p on an opensource powerfishing script, on a couple accounts.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

This would be a bad example as I've not heard of anyone being banned at the minnows dock. AeroMinnows runs as well as any other bot out there. My original account that I wrote the script with is well within the top 500 in Fishing, and my second account is right behind the first heading up 30M fishing XP and counting. Both began from 82 fishing, both have done nothing but fish since I wrote & released that script, and one is very low combat/skill level with only Fishing Contest completed. Both run no less than 10 hours a day and both utilize SMART.

Scripting may be easier using Reflection/Injection, but never assume reliability lies on this fact as well. This is absolutely up to the scripter.

Now with that out of the way, I agree 100% with P1nky.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    This would be a bad example as I've not heard of anyone being banned at the minnows dock. AeroMinnows runs as well as any other bot out there. My original account that I wrote the script with is well within the top 500 in Fishing, and my second account is right behind the first heading up 30M fishing XP and counting. Both began from 82 fishing, both have done nothing but fish since I wrote & released that script, and one is very low combat/skill level with only Fishing Contest completed. Both run no less than 10 hours a day and both utilize SMART.

Scripting may be easier using Reflection/Injection, but never assume reliability lies on this fact as well. This is absolutely up to the scripter.

Now with that out of the way, I agree 100% with P1nky.
    Whilst minnow bots do get banned (you can check other/more active bot forums for this), it is correct in saying they don't get banned as often. In actual fact, the account i'm talking about is so much higher than top 500. He also has a bunch of other accounts all at 99 botting minnows - i don't know the usernames for these so i can't comment accurately on them. His farm in total pulls over 350k raw sharks every week. we also have several other achievements such as 1-99 fishing f2p on multiple accounts. Plankers running for 2 weeks+ 24/7. Gaining just over 3m magic xp on a method that is 8k xp per hour. The person who is fishing minnows also newly started a fletching farm, it's also been ban free so far. However, we have also had bans too, recently, someone got banned after botting minotaurs in f2p for 4 hours.

Secondly, it's smart wording for sure but of-course ref/inj bots are more reliable and less prone to messing up in comparison to color bots. You're making the comparison that color scripts *can* be just as reliable, IE comparing one type of script in color, to the same type script in ref/inj (minnow color vs minnow ref/inj). Whilst this might be correct, A color minnow script is pretty easy to get right. You can't apply the same reliability to every type of script. Hence, Ref/Inj is more reliable than color, it's more reliable when you consider every type of task. Try writing a color only raids script, or anything else which color fails miserably on. Hell, try to walk through the desert in OSRS. I guarantee you that its way less reliable in color than it is in ref/inj - regardless of the scripter's "talent". Anyone who believes otherwise is just a little ignorant.

Lastly, if you're gonna use a loader like SMART, then the whole debate of Color vs Reflection doesn't apply. Using SMART+Color is the same as using SMART+Ref in terms of detection.
    Last edited by Kasi; 04-17-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Whilst minnow bots do get banned (you can check other/more active bot forums for this), it is correct in saying they don't get banned as often. In actual fact, the account i'm talking about is so much higher than top 500. He also has a bunch of other accounts all at 99 botting minnows - i don't know the usernames for these so i can't comment accurately on them. His farm in total pulls over 350k raw sharks every week. we also have several other achievements such as 1-99 fishing f2p on multiple accounts. Plankers running for 2 weeks+ 24/7. Gaining just over 3m magic xp on a method that is 8k xp per hour. The person who is fishing minnows also newly started a fletching farm, it's also been ban free so far. However, we have also had bans too, recently, someone got banned after botting minotaurs in f2p for 4 hours.

Secondly, it's smart wording for sure but of-course ref/inj bots are more reliable and less prone to messing up in comparison to color bots. You're making the comparison that color scripts *can* be just as reliable, IE comparing one type of script in color, to the same type script in ref/inj (minnow color vs minnow ref/inj). Whilst this might be correct, A color minnow script is pretty easy to get right. You can't apply the same reliability to every type of script. Hence, Ref/Inj is more reliable than color, it's more reliable when you consider every type of task. Try writing a color only raids script, or anything else which color fails miserably on. Hell, try to walk through the desert in OSRS. I guarantee you that its way less reliable in color than it is in ref/inj - regardless of the scripter's "talent". Anyone who believes otherwise is just a little ignorant.

Lastly, if you're gonna use a loader like SMART, then the whole debate of Color vs Reflection doesn't apply. Using SMART+Color is the same as using SMART+Ref in terms of detection.
    Alright, no need to stretch out my response to such a broad stance. I did not steer this into a Color vs Reflection debate, however if you're really that determined then I'm sure you could stir up a past public debate on the subject as I'm sure there's still some floating around in this section. What I clearly stated was that the reliability of the script lies in the hands of the scripter. Tools, whether that be color or reflection/injection, only make the job easier. Both have advantages and disadvantages, for example interface colors could break static-coded parts of a color-based include yet leave Reflection unaffected. Whereas on the other hand any updates to the client will break reflection for an amount of time. And yes, this can be fixed quickly, as can issues with color due to updates.

Yes I was comparing reliability of a color-based minnow-fisher to a reflection-based script; this is the exact script you cited previously. But again, just because more information is available in reflection it does not mean the script will be more reliable. You're not separating accuracy from reliability, and that's what I'm trying to prove here. Scripting logic is everything in reliability, and it always will be, regardless of the tools available. For example, I can't tell you how many Nightmare Zone bots I've reported and tracked until they've been banned because they have common, stupid flaws such as continually eating a rock cake to lower the players hitpoints outside of the minigame. Even a half way decent script will recognize if the player is within or outside the minigame and respond accordingly. Another is the raw fish picking bots in the Barbarian Village. Easily trapped inside the nearby house, swarms of them. Terrible script logic, no matter the platform that was used. Pest Control bots, they always seem to swarm the brawlers and spinners, however can never walk around a blocked path nor ever does the script initiate attacking an open portal.

That's the fact I'm stressing here, capability is not reliability. Reliability is completely in the hands of the scripter and their logic/ability.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Yes I was comparing reliability of a color-based minnow-fisher to a reflection-based script; this is the exact script you cited previously. But again, just because more information is available in reflection it does not mean the script will be more reliable. You're not separating accuracy from reliability, and that's what I'm trying to prove here. Scripting logic is everything in reliability, and it always will be, regardless of the tools available.
    Clearly this thread is named "The end of colour botting". Three guesses what other types of botting you can use apart from color? Obviously there is gonna be a discussion and comparison into the other ones lmfao.

You need to learn to re-read my replies. I never cited the reflection minnow script to be compared to a color script lol (look at the first quote you referenced me in). I cited it because it was a reflection type script (in the sense that it doesn't modify game code) which had success - hence why i later provided more info on other scripts that had success that uses the same reflection like interface when you validly brought up the point about minnow bots not getting banned as often.

Instead of deflecting, why not go ahead and explain the points i brought up in my last reply? you know, the ones about reliably walking through the desert with same or similar colors and other tasks which are next to impossible to do. No amount of color magic/scripter talent alone can solve the those problems reliably. I'd really like to see your approach/attempt on solving that problem since i even get lost when manually trying to walk through that desert sometimes. In this case, yes, having more information does make the script more reliable. Having more information in general makes everything more reliable. Analogy: You know that a certain bus is gonna be late? you have more information, hence you can be more reliable for work as you can catch an earlier bus or notify your manager that you'll be late.

This is the reason why i say there are some cases where scripting ability doesn't always matter. Reflection is a more reliable tool than color. It is less likely to fail (when hooks aren't outdated), and in general will be more reliable because it provides way more information. RSWalker as an example. It's super capable and super reliable to walk through most parts of OSRS. However, i've heard that it struggles in the GE (not as reliable in crowded areas). I'd also bet my left nut that it'll fall over when trying to walk through Al-k Desert.

I was always told that reliable data is accurate and unreliable data is inaccurate - something my stats teacher repeated on a weekly basis, I believe accuracy and reliability go hand in hand. Scripting logic plays a massive part for sure as you correctly said. But so do the tools you use. Another analogy: Give a F1 driver a F1 car and he might win the grand prix, give him a Toyota Prius, and he might finish but certainly won't win shit.

Anyhow, this is my last reply on this matter, Color can but just as reliable of a tool as Reflection in some scenarios, but there are so many scenarios where it just doesn't compete.
    Last edited by Kasi; 04-17-2018 at 04:43 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Instead of deflecting, why not go ahead and explain the points i brought up in my last reply? you know, the ones about reliably walking through the desert with same or similar colors and other tasks which are next to impossible to do. No amount of color magic/scripter talent alone can solve the those problems reliably. I'd really like to see your approach/attempt on solving that problem since i even get lost when manually trying to walk through that desert sometimes.
    Not too hard if you use the world map. Just have to be a bit more creative with color
    (and since RSWalker already exists, it wouldn't be much work at all)

Regarding reflection vs color, of course reflection is the quicker, easier, and more reliable method to reach the 'goal' of a script for OSRS. Color scripting takes much more time to learn and requires a lot more creativity and effort for many things that are trivial with reflection. But that creative challenge is the biggest appeal of color, personally. Could just be me, but the process of writing the script and solving unique problems is much more satisfying than getting free pixels in some game.
    Last edited by Citrus; 04-17-2018 at 05:35 AM.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    Not too hard if you use the world map. Just have to be a bit more creative with color
    (and since RSWalker already exists, it wouldn't be much work at all)

Regarding reflection vs color, of course reflection is the quicker, easier, and more reliable method to reach the 'goal' of a script for OSRS. Color scripting takes much more time to learn and requires a lot more creativity and effort for many things that are trivial with reflection. But that creative challenge is the biggest appeal of color, personally. Could just be me, but the process of writing the script and solving unique problems is much more satisfying than getting free pixels in some game.
    Nice approach. Not ideal but works for that solution.

I agree with your opinion too. Writing a solution in color is definitely more satisfying when it works.

Thread Information