Thread: 2 Issues: 1. Unable to create advertisment | 2. SunAwtFrame

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Default 2 Issues: 1. Unable to create advertisment | 2. SunAwtFrame

Hey everyone!

I've got two issues, the first one (from the surface) looks easier to figure out than the second one, but here's the first problem:

Is there any way at all to open multiple RuneScape client processes (legacy; not NXT). I am aware of more trivial methods such as rapidly clicking on the RuneScape icon to open multiple instances at the same time, or, more cleanly, through a batch file.

However I want to be able to open multiple processes of the legacy client through clicking on the program just as what would usually happen, rather than starting them all simultaneously. Please don't search online to try to find a solution for me, I already have.

To be specific, if I try to open a third instance of the client, this appears:

[FUCK MY LIFE - NO LINKS]

If you don't have the RS3 legacy client installed, you can reproduce the same issue with the [official, first-party] OSRS client.

Thanks for the help

//

I'm trying to set the OSRS (official client) as child to a panel in my form. However, there's a problem. It's impossible to send any kind of keyboard input to the game (e.g. logging in) when it's set as a child. When it's set as child, you'll see that the game window will only ever be in the foreground (focused, modal, whatever you want to call it) if you click on its titlebar, if you click on the actual game itself (the contents of the window), the game goes out of focus (indicated by the color of the titlebar). It's as though the actual game frame is another window, which brings me onto my next point:

I did some analysis of the official OldSch. RuneScape window and its behavior and found a few things:

[FUCK MY LIFE - NO LINKS]

Do you see in the window "WinLister", where it says that its class is "SunAwtFrame". Well, this is obviously the 'part' that is actually the game itself, embedded into the JagexLauncher process. I confirmed that the game frame was in fact an independent embedded process by using the 'Find windows' process' tool and it highlighted the main game frame as an independent process. However, the SunFrame is not visible in the process list, leading me to believe that its some odd kind of Java component that just hasn't been given any kind of handle and, thus, does not appear in the process list.

I cannot possible explain why the SunFrame exhibits this sort of behavior if the game window's set as child, but any programmer out there who is more experienced that me will probably know.

All of this probably sounds basic to all of you Java developers, however I'm not familiar with Java at all so I need your expertise.

How do I go about capturing the inner-most window to be set as child to my form, rather than just the top-level frame?

Thanks a lot for your help on either one of those questions

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlickWILLY123 View Post

The official client uses JNI/JAWT to show the Java applet in an EXE.. You can do the same. If you're trying to steal the applet from the official client, it's not going to go well for you. Also, there's no point to that anyway. That won't let you run multiple clients..
    Finally, stealing windows doesn't guarantee input. Why? Because the input queue doesn't belong to your window at all. Java's event listener belongs to the applet. You're most likely stealing the canvas or whatever is being rendered on natively.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    The official client uses JNI/JAWT to show the Java applet in an EXE.. You can do the same. If you're trying to steal the applet from the official client, it's not going to go well for you. Also, there's no point to that anyway. That won't let you run multiple clients..
    Finally, stealing windows doesn't guarantee input. Why? Because the input queue doesn't belong to your window at all. Java's event listener belongs to the applet. You're most likely stealing the canvas or whatever is being rendered on natively.
    Thanks very much for your reply,

How do I go about inserting a canvas with the applet into my application? I've tried researching how, but I can't find any answers. Please help. Just a little background - I'm not good with Java at all (and I'm not going to be using Java for my program either). Are there any ultra-barebones modified clients that may not display this kind of behavior (no keyboard input/advertisement error)? Also, I think I forgot to mention, when analyzing the client when it's set as child, the canvases are present. Also, all mouse click and mouse-over/hover animations are 100% present, just no keyboard input.

Thanks for your help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Also, a related question - what are all these refactored packages? Are they clients? When I try to run the jar, they don't open, nothing happens at all.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Does anyone have a plain old modified .jar applet to spare (one for OSRS, one for RS3)?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

BUMP (lol)

Thread Information