Thread: Gotta Switch it up a bit

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Default Gotta Switch it up a bit

I got a switch at the company Christmas party raffle (I already own a PS4).. so I decided to turn it on, set it up, check it out..

1. It is 32GB memory so one game takes up either all of your memory or half of it (Zelda takes up 15GB). Okay.. Spear 128GB sdxc card lying around, so we're all good..

2. Sign up, link accounts, check out store.. barely any games.. Sees mario, sees Zelda, sees Skyrim and some Fifa. Not too bad..

3. Sees price of each: $79.99.. okay.. I guess..

4. Hits checkout.. bam:

5. It's the lowest "standard edition" (there is master and special edition and explorer's edition and extra bundles/expansion packs.. they all start at $110 before checkout).

Still nice though, I won a switch Just gonna have to either suck it up and buy games or buy on cartridge or just not use it..
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

lol, I honestly wanted to get the switch, but thanks to you! I won't be getting it

Thanks for the dirty secrets.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    Or you can softmod it
    there's no softmods for the switch and likely won't be for some time

edit: 4,000th post!
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 12-21-2017 at 04:39 PM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

Thanks for the review Brandon, I was thinking of getting one. If the games are so expensive I think I will pass. I also want to mod it at some point. Hopefully it's not too locked down to prevent that from ever happening.
    The jealous temper of mankind, ever more disposed to censure than
    to praise the work of others, has constantly made the pursuit of new
    methods and systems no less perilous than the search after unknown
    lands and seas.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    lol, I honestly wanted to get the switch, but thanks to you! I won't be getting it

Thanks for the dirty secrets.

Yeah, I was looking up why it's so expensive on Google. Apparently nintendo says that physical copies and digital copies must be the same price. Doesn't explain why it went from 79.99 on the list price to $90 at checkout lol. That's just for Zelda alone. Only choice is to buy Indie games atm.. or wait for it to get modded.

The OS is okay (it's touch screen). There's no browser or bluetooth or anything. On homescreen, you get "Settings", "Games (ones you've downloaded or cartridge)", and "Nintendo eShop" (It is no where close to how the old PSP used to be), "News", and "Screenshots". That's it. If you want more than 2 games, you better have a micro-sd card at least 128GB+ (near $100 CAD for 128GB - $170CAD for 200GB, tax and shipping not included yet) or buy all of them as cartridges (same price as digital).

The cartridges are smaller than GBA cartridges so that's a plus! They're super tiny (imagine just SD cards with a case around it)!

Other than that, it's still a cool portable console (hopefully it will get more games like Pokemon or DonkeyKong or Sonic or SmashBros or something.. anything!). I'll probably just buy one game in the mean time just to get some use out of it and see how it plays.

I really really wanted it, when I finally won it by sheer luck, I'm kinda disappointed lol.. We'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by Brandon; 12-21-2017 at 04:49 PM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Yeah, I was looking up why it's so expensive on Google. Apparently nintendo says that physical copies and digital copies must be the same price. Doesn't explain why it went from 79.99 on the list price to $90 at checkout lol. That's just for Zelda alone. Mario odyssey is WAY more! Only choice is to buy Indie games atm.. or wait for it to get modded.

The OS is okay (it's touch screen). There's no browser or bluetooth or anything. On homescreen, you get "Settings", "Games (ones you've downloaded or cartridge)", and "Nintendo eShop" (It is no where close to how the old PSP used to be), "News", and "Screenshots". That's it. If you want more than 2 games, you better have a micro-sd card at least 128GB+ (near $100 CAD for 128GB - $170CAD for 200GB, tax and shipping not included yet) or buy all of them as cartridges (same price as digital).

The cartridges are smaller than GBA cartridges so that's a plus! They're super tiny (imagine just SD cards with a case around it)!

Other than that, it's still a cool portable console (hopefully it will get more games like Pokemon or DonkeyKong or Sonic or SmashBros or something.. anything!). I'll probably just buy one game in the mean time just to get some use out of it and see how it plays.

I really really wanted it, when I finally won it by sheer luck, I'm kinda disappointed lol.. We'll see how it goes.
    Thanks Brandon for the insight

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Wow those are expensive games. Congrats on the win though Brandon, an early Christmas present.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

@Brandon have you heard of Stardew Valley? AFAIK that game is a LOT cheaper. not sure if it's something you'd be into though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

damn games are expensive these days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Games are expensive on the switch yes. wish they had digital deals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

That's an expensive raffle prize right there...

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R0b0t1 View Post
    Thanks for the review Brandon, I was thinking of getting one. If the games are so expensive I think I will pass. I also want to mod it at some point. Hopefully it's not too locked down to prevent that from ever happening.
    Well guys.. it's been a while but I made it fairly well into the Nintendo switch scene.. Not the best out there but I was at least the very first to exploit the switch with an iPhone and to write a proxy for it to block updates and different things rather than using a dns server

Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L467BSWOqAM

Payload App:
    https://github.com/Brandon-T/iOUSB

Nintendo Proxy:
    https://github.com/Brandon-T/eProxy

Started writing some homebrew stuff and helping others out with their projects.. Haven't taken on any of my own other than the above stuff though ={
    My iOUSB got the most stars of all :l

Some custom payloads:
    https://i.imgur.com/lFJiV3m.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/JK7xDIV.jpg
    Last edited by Brandon; 04-18-2019 at 03:47 AM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Thread Information