Thread: Simba for Linux?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Simba for Linux?

Hello,

I am new to botting with Simba. I was wondering, is Linux supported yet?
    Also, is it possible to run multiple bots at the same time with Simba, or does it take control of the system cursor?
    If I just want to run the scripts from the forum, do I need Simba, or do I just need S.M.A.R.T? -- What's the difference?

Thanks for your help!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

Simba runs on Linux. Simba can run multiple bots at the same time using SMART or other addons that send synthetic events, but by default it will use your system input. To run a script you need Simba and any plugins it uses.

If there is a script you want to run, let me know and I will try to generate the plugins you need if they do not exist. If you don't mind, I would like to also compile newer versions of Simba and have you test them with the plugins.

There are updates to Simba that @Wizzup? needs to apply. I have lost track of all of the ad-hoc changes that have been made since the last release.
    The jealous temper of mankind, ever more disposed to censure than
    to praise the work of others, has constantly made the pursuit of new
    methods and systems no less perilous than the search after unknown
    lands and seas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Hey sorry to bump a two month old thread, but I am currently looking for information about running Simba on linux as well. I get errors when trying to compile it for linux and have no found any information with regards to its use on linux.
    Does it only run through WINE, or can it actually be compiled to linux at the moment?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Hey sorry to bump a two month old thread, but I am currently looking for information about running Simba on linux as well. I get errors when trying to compile it for linux and have no found any information with regards to its use on linux.
    Does it only run through WINE, or can it actually be compiled to linux at the moment?
    Hey there! I've done some work with getting Simba compiled correctly on Linux in the past. It absolutely does work, both natively and inside Wine. The best resource I can link you to is "Step 0" of this document: https://gitlab.com/KeepBotting/SRi/blob/master/USAGE.md

It's some instructions for running an include that was developed and run exclusively on Linux, so it covers compiling Simba. The section in question is a short blurb about getting Simba running, as well as links to some build instructions at https://villavu.com/forum/showthread...80#post1384080

You should be able to compile Simba based on these instructions. If you're hitting a wall, quote or PM me with your exact error message and I'll try to troubleshoot, OR I'm sure @R0b0t1; or myself could shoot you a build if you run into additional issues.
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 04-02-2018 at 01:12 AM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Hey there! I've done some work with getting Simba compiled correctly on Linux in the past. It absolutely does work, both natively and inside Wine. The best resource I can link you to is "Step 0" of this document: https://gitlab.com/KeepBotting/SRi/blob/master/USAGE.md

It's some instructions for running an include that was developed and run exclusively on Linux, so it covers compiling Simba. The section in question is a short blurb about getting Simba running, as well as links to some build instructions at https://villavu.com/forum/showthread...80#post1384080

You should be able to compile Simba based on these instructions. If you're hitting a wall, quote or PM me with your exact error message and I'll try to troubleshoot, OR I'm sure @R0b0t1; or myself could shoot you a build if you run into additional issues.
    Thanks for the information! I was trying to compile it with Lazarus version 1.8, seems like older versions compile it properly. I'm going to try compiling it on an older version and see if I can get it working.

Thread Information