Thread: Do you believe the banning system is like the old days?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Default Do you believe the banning system is like the old days?

I don't bot anymore. But I am curious about how the ban system works today. Back in the day I was always told the ban system for macroing was a completely automated process. I personally still believe that. To have someone manually go around hunting would take a lot of time and resources.

Quote Originally Posted by WT-Fakawi View Post
    I am told there are 10 Blackmarks in RuneScape. Blackmarks are flags that are marked on your Player for suspicious behaviour. Getting enough Blackmarks inevatibly leads to a ban. Now, what are these BlackMarks exactly, and when do you recieve them while Macroing?

1. Repetition. Too much, too long the same walk over and over again. No matter how long the walk or how much you respond to your environment, if you are always doing the same thing, you will be BlackMarked and banned in the long run.
    2. Getting Stuck. Getting inside a loop is a baad thing. Repetitive clicking for hours with one Player will trigger many BlackMarks and will get you banned within three weeks.
    3. Reported. A Human Abuse Report will most probably set a BlackMark.
    4. No Fun. A tricky definition. Bots never actually ever play RS. They have very limited sight of their surroundings. Though they blend in, they obviously "miss" something. Maybe a little randomness, an X-Factor.
    5. Human Behaviour: See Below.

Here are the 12 Human Abuses:

1. Offensive language
    2. Item scamming
    3. Password scamming
    4. Bug abuse
    5. Jagex staff impersonation
    6. Account sharing/trading
    7. Macroing
    8. Multiple logging in
    9. Encouraging other to break rules
    10. Misuse of cutomer support
    11. Advertising/website
    12. Real world item trading
    13. Asking for personal details

But these dont interest me, since I dont break most of their rules
    Do we know if they still use this system?

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Yes ofc, I believe they still use an automated system but only difference from the "old days" is that the automated systems are more likely to be advance. The game is changing constantly, players are becoming smarter, new techniques/ways to break rules... In order for RS to keep up to date with the new days is by constantly upgrading their automated system. I am pretty sure they have a team/group of developers who are dedicated to find bugs/fix bugs/banning rule breakers/etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    Yes ofc, I believe they still use an automated system but only difference from the "old days" is that the automated systems are more likely to be advance. The game is changing constantly, players are becoming smarter, new techniques/ways to break rules... In order for RS to keep up to date with the new days is by constantly upgrading their automated system. I am pretty sure they have a team/group of developers who are dedicated to find bugs/fix bugs/banning rule breakers/etc.
    95% of bans that are issued are due to client detection. Any 3rd party client is a ban magnet. I created a simple loader for RS3 which is basically a replica of OSBuddy and i had the test account banned in 6 hours.

Thread Information