Thread: laptop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Default laptop

Hello guys!

I want to buy a cheap gaming laptop, because I’m a student so the budget can’t be too high, the price is about $800 if you have good ideas can recommend to me, thank you very much.

https://pc4u.org/best-cheap-gaming-laptop/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

What games do you think you'll be playing? Games like Runescape, older AAA games, or current AAA games? If it's runescape or older AAA games, I'd recommend a second-hand thinkpad or lenovo y-series off of ebay.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    What games do you think you'll be playing? Games like Runescape, older AAA games, or current AAA games? If it's runescape or older AAA games, I'd recommend a second-hand thinkpad or lenovo y-series off of ebay.
    I've had my Lenovo gaming laptop for just over a year now, and based on my experience I'd say stay away from Lenovo. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but it's easily the worst computer I've ever owned.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-...sf/xps-laptops

Gonna leave that there. If you can, these are some of the best laptops..
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-...sf/xps-laptops

Gonna leave that there. If you can, these are some of the best laptops..
    My brother recently got the XPS 13, he loves it.. he plays mainly League of Legends and it's treating him just well.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    I've had my Lenovo gaming laptop for just over a year now, and based on my experience I'd say stay away from Lenovo. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but it's easily the worst computer I've ever owned.
    Can you elaborate? Which laptop, and why aren't you happy with it?

I've owned several ThinkPad laptops over the years and they've all been fantastic.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

What ever you do, do not get a stupid alien ware anything! All garbage.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Can you elaborate? Which laptop, and why aren't you happy with it?

I've owned several ThinkPad laptops over the years and they've all been fantastic.
    Legion Y520
    When I turn it on, there's about a 1 in 3 chance that the laptop's screen will not turn on at all. I have to force if off and try again.
    If the screen does turn on, there's about a 2 in 3 chance that it will be all messed up. Constant flickering and weird colors all over the place.
    It cannot restart, only shut down. If I try to restart it, it will freeze and I have to force it to power off.
    While plugged in and at 100% battery, it will randomly drop to 0% for a minute, disabling the computer. Then it goes back to 100% like nothing happened.
    Those are the serious issues. There are a few more that I'm just picky about.
    There are 2 or 3 really bright LEDs that are on all the time. I had to tape over them or they'd light up my whole room. (TBF I've had to do this with other computers too)
    The screen's max brightness is pretty pathetic. The min brightness isn't 0, which I would prefer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    Legion Y520
    When I turn it on, there's about a 1 in 3 chance that the laptop's screen will not turn on at all. I have to force if off and try again.
    If the screen does turn on, there's about a 2 in 3 chance that it will be all messed up. Constant flickering and weird colors all over the place.
    It cannot restart, only shut down. If I try to restart it, it will freeze and I have to force it to power off.
    While plugged in and at 100% battery, it will randomly drop to 0% for a minute, disabling the computer. Then it goes back to 100% like nothing happened.
    Those are the serious issues. There are a few more that I'm just picky about.
    There are 2 or 3 really bright LEDs that are on all the time. I had to tape over them or they'd light up my whole room. (TBF I've had to do this with other computers too)
    The screen's max brightness is pretty pathetic. The min brightness isn't 0, which I would prefer.
    I've had none of these issues on my Lenovo Ideapad Z710 - I wonder if your unit was just somehow defective? Granted, I know some Ideapads are considered a bit worse than others, maybe these problems are more common with your model.

@OP I'd like to chime in that for around your price range ($700), my Z710 is maybe what you're looking for. 1TB HD, 8GB RAM, i5 with integrated graphics card. Realistically the integrated graphics card may make it a problem for some higher end games, but in the $700 range i'm not sure you'll find much better. Same goes for an i5 vs. i7, you'd want an i7 but that'll add maybe $1-200 onto the price tag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

iuse lenovo too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hp is the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mac is best,but your budget is too small.How about Dell laptop?

Thread Information