Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: laptop

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default laptop

    Hello guys!

    I want to buy a cheap gaming laptop, because I’m a student so the budget can’t be too high, the price is about $800 if you have good ideas can recommend to me, thank you very much.

    https://pc4u.org/best-cheap-gaming-laptop/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

    Default

    What games do you think you'll be playing? Games like Runescape, older AAA games, or current AAA games? If it's runescape or older AAA games, I'd recommend a second-hand thinkpad or lenovo y-series off of ebay.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Glorious Nippon
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    What games do you think you'll be playing? Games like Runescape, older AAA games, or current AAA games? If it's runescape or older AAA games, I'd recommend a second-hand thinkpad or lenovo y-series off of ebay.
    I've had my Lenovo gaming laptop for just over a year now, and based on my experience I'd say stay away from Lenovo. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but it's easily the worst computer I've ever owned.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Future.
    Posts
    5,587
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1594 Post(s)

    Default

    http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-...sf/xps-laptops

    Gonna leave that there. If you can, these are some of the best laptops..
    I am Ggzz..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Program TEXAS home of AUTOERS
    Posts
    7,935
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-...sf/xps-laptops

    Gonna leave that there. If you can, these are some of the best laptops..
    My brother recently got the XPS 13, he loves it.. he plays mainly League of Legends and it's treating him just well.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    4,197
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1857 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    I've had my Lenovo gaming laptop for just over a year now, and based on my experience I'd say stay away from Lenovo. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but it's easily the worst computer I've ever owned.
    Can you elaborate? Which laptop, and why aren't you happy with it?

    I've owned several ThinkPad laptops over the years and they've all been fantastic.
    GitLab projects | Simba for Linux | Find me on IRC or Discord | OSRS scripts | Come play ScapeRune!

    <BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

    Default

    What ever you do, do not get a stupid alien ware anything! All garbage.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Glorious Nippon
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Can you elaborate? Which laptop, and why aren't you happy with it?

    I've owned several ThinkPad laptops over the years and they've all been fantastic.
    Legion Y520
    When I turn it on, there's about a 1 in 3 chance that the laptop's screen will not turn on at all. I have to force if off and try again.
    If the screen does turn on, there's about a 2 in 3 chance that it will be all messed up. Constant flickering and weird colors all over the place.
    It cannot restart, only shut down. If I try to restart it, it will freeze and I have to force it to power off.
    While plugged in and at 100% battery, it will randomly drop to 0% for a minute, disabling the computer. Then it goes back to 100% like nothing happened.
    Those are the serious issues. There are a few more that I'm just picky about.
    There are 2 or 3 really bright LEDs that are on all the time. I had to tape over them or they'd light up my whole room. (TBF I've had to do this with other computers too)
    The screen's max brightness is pretty pathetic. The min brightness isn't 0, which I would prefer.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    Legion Y520
    When I turn it on, there's about a 1 in 3 chance that the laptop's screen will not turn on at all. I have to force if off and try again.
    If the screen does turn on, there's about a 2 in 3 chance that it will be all messed up. Constant flickering and weird colors all over the place.
    It cannot restart, only shut down. If I try to restart it, it will freeze and I have to force it to power off.
    While plugged in and at 100% battery, it will randomly drop to 0% for a minute, disabling the computer. Then it goes back to 100% like nothing happened.
    Those are the serious issues. There are a few more that I'm just picky about.
    There are 2 or 3 really bright LEDs that are on all the time. I had to tape over them or they'd light up my whole room. (TBF I've had to do this with other computers too)
    The screen's max brightness is pretty pathetic. The min brightness isn't 0, which I would prefer.
    I've had none of these issues on my Lenovo Ideapad Z710 - I wonder if your unit was just somehow defective? Granted, I know some Ideapads are considered a bit worse than others, maybe these problems are more common with your model.

    @OP I'd like to chime in that for around your price range ($700), my Z710 is maybe what you're looking for. 1TB HD, 8GB RAM, i5 with integrated graphics card. Realistically the integrated graphics card may make it a problem for some higher end games, but in the $700 range i'm not sure you'll find much better. Same goes for an i5 vs. i7, you'd want an i7 but that'll add maybe $1-200 onto the price tag.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    iuse lenovo too

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Hp is the best.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Mac is best,but your budget is too small.How about Dell laptop?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •