Thread: Question

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Default Question

Hi, I'm wondering whether it is possible to create a bot that logs information into Excel or other similiar programs. The bot would need to log in insta buy a certain item, sell it and then mark the buy and sell price and the time of the transaction. If it is possible could anyone please give any hints as to where I should start?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

I don't know about sending info straight to Excel, but it's pretty easy to save that info to a text file then open it with Excel. I've done this a few times before.
    http://docs.villavu.com/simba/scriptref/files.html (Simba's file-related functions)
    https://www.asciitable.com/ (for newline, tab)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Not sure exactly the approach you would need to take to have the data be stored in a .csv file however you can take on the approach Citrus mentioned.

Also another approach that I used quite often for testing purposes was screenshots and saving onto my local machine (every hour or so); since you may need it to store data every few seconds/minutes... this option may not be suitable for you.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suxewed View Post
    Hi, I'm wondering whether it is possible to create a bot that logs information into Excel or other similiar programs. The bot would need to log in insta buy a certain item, sell it and then mark the buy and sell price and the time of the transaction. If it is possible could anyone please give any hints as to where I should start?
    Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    Not sure exactly the approach you would need to take to have the data be stored in a .csv file however you can take on the approach Citrus mentioned.
    Working with CSVs in Simba is identical to handling simple text files. CSVs are just specially formatted text files, after all.
    This thread seems very relevant to what @suxewed; is trying to do. You can see how @3Garrett3; handles exporting data to CSVs there.

In case you don't know, CSV stands for comma separated values, referencing the way in which the data translates into a table-style presentation. See this guide for more information.

When I used Simba to record participant data for my master's thesis I basically built a big string overtime with their inputs and then wrote that string to a .CSV afterwards. A bunch of ways you could do it.
    Last edited by Clarity; 04-14-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Thank you Citrus I will have to try it out.
    P1nky, yeah screenshots wouldn't be the ideal option for me, I want to automate the process as much as possible since there is quite a lot of items I want to keep track of.
    Clarity, thanks for all the info linking that thread, it`s very helpful and seems similar to what I`m trying to do and has tons of valuable info for me.
    Thanks for all the help guys!

Thread Information