Thread: Perm banned like a year later?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Default Perm banned like a year later?

I made a RC account and got to like 85 RC using a script I made.

I haven't touched the account or runescape at all for like a year. I just logged on recently and found a ban from April?

I don't think I was hacked cuz the account had a random username and password.

The account was obviously a bot. Could they have done a retrospective ban?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Probably got hacked.
    You may have been registered at some forum that got hacked and then email recovery...
    That happened to my brother's OSRS account. He got the ban reversed though and logged into rune gear, dragon scim and Anti-dragon shield.

I'd try my luck with recovery. They can probably quite easy tell that an account is a main account that was hacked and then used in a foreign botfarm.
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joopi View Post
    Probably got hacked.
    You may have been registered at some forum that got hacked and then email recovery...
    That happened to my brother's OSRS account. He got the ban reversed though and logged into rune gear, dragon scim and Anti-dragon shield.

I'd try my luck with recovery. They can probably quite easy tell that an account is a main account that was hacked and then used in a foreign botfarm.

It was one of those old accounts with an actual login name. It's some random thing that i've never used ever before anywhere.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

No I mean they may have hacked it through the email that it is linked to, the one you registered it with that is.
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

In my opinion, it is very unlikely that you would get banned a year later for botting like that.

Since it is possible that the account was hacked, you could possibly get access to it again by making a claim and getting them to check the IP's of the places the account was logged in. If the IP at the time of the ban is different than the your current one, you have a solid chance of getting the account back. It worked for me when I had an account banned because it was hacked.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Did you get a temp ban first?

Usually, if the account isn't flagged as a gold farming account, you will get a temp ban for first offence.

I know Jagex have delayed bans but that seems over the top.

There is no downside to trying to have them flag it down as a hacked account. If the IP that was logged in when the account was flagged, is different region to the IP you normally log in from, then there is a good chance you could get it back.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

You should def get in touch with Jagex. Have them check the IPs, explain to them that you haven't logged in for a year.

Thread Information