Thread: Need advice how to add this feature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Need advice how to add this feature

Hi guys

I'm pretty much a big noob on making programs and/or coding.
    The best I've done is make a simple bot based on AHK.
    Now trying to step up into more advanced and complex botting.

So I'm looking to get some advice from you on how to achieve this.

I usually play OSRS using OSBuddy and it has this feature called NPC tagging.
    スクリーンショット 2018-06-01 16.49.43.png

What it does it marks NPCs with lines surrounding it.

Now I wanna make it totally filled out with a non-transparent color rather than just a surrounding line, so that my AHK bot will be able to catch the color easily and be a constantly clicking bot with accuracy.

I only know the basic knowledge of Java for client-side programming.

Now if you have any idea please advise me on how or where to get started to add cool features like OSBuddy has by myself.

Appreciate it a lot.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Welcome to the forums!

I feel it would be a good idea to clarify some things for you. Unfortunately, we don't use Java officially for botting on our forums. Instead, we use a programming language called Lape. The best place to get started for you is to check out our tutorial section, or by visiting any of these tutorials to learn about basic concepts and programming practices:

I feel I should point out that your goal would be fairly difficult to achieve when using colour (which is our main method of botting). Because of this, I would recommend maybe something to do with reflection but since I am not particularly strong with working with reflection, I would not be able to help you out too much with that. I will let you know that reflection does have the ability to locate your main character but I am not too sure if you can highlight it the way you are wanting.

As of now, I'd say your best bet would be to take a look through the following tutorials if no one who is strong with Reflection replies:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

IMO you're better of just using Simba's color and mouse functions to find and click that outline.
    Or you could write your own plugin for one of those 3rd party clients, but SRL isn't really the place for that..

Thread Information