Thread: Current OSRS live stream bot busting session

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Default Current OSRS live stream bot busting session

Theres a current bot busting live stream session, take your accounts offline for a while, for safety =)
    Only the weak surrender.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

It's hilariously useless in the grand scheme, pretty funny to watch along with the chat reactions. All the basic accounts they've banned have probably been automatically replaced several times over already.

Weath's voice modulation is pretty cringy...
    Last edited by Clarity; 06-16-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    It's hilariously useless in the grand scheme, pretty funny to watch along with the chat reactions. All the basic accounts they've banned have probably been automatically replaced several times over already.

Weath's voice modulation is pretty cringy...
    Is there some kind of big secret about who he is or something i don't know about, I don't really understand the whole need for the voice modulator.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 6b49WR7VbUjs9Hqeq5Etr View Post
    Is there some kind of big secret about who he is or something i don't know about, I don't really understand the whole need for the voice modulator.
    A quote from the stream was that Weath "has the flair for the dramatic" but honestly it comes across as unprofessional/immature and was very awkward to listen to. Perhaps insecurity to be revealed to an online fanbase.

Rather than some normal dialogue like "hey there are some bots at the Grand Exchange" we have this bizarre cyborg sounding individual tell Mod Ayiza "proceed to the grand exchange" - taking themselves way too seriously in my opinion.
    Last edited by Clarity; 06-17-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

The OSRS team are a bunch of nerds, can't deny they're (more or less) committed to the community though. It's undoubtedly become the more popular game, mostly on its own steam which is impressive.

I do agree the bot-busting streams are a bit gaudy. Their cosplay was pretty cool though.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

How many viewers did they pull?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    How many viewers did they pull?
    ~23.5k, maybe a bit more.

Stream was kinda cringy indeed. Reminded me of Botany Island in RS3.
    Home sweet home.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

https://www.twitchmetrics.net/c/183663188-oldschoolrs

Goodness, I guess it was a huge deal..

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    https://www.twitchmetrics.net/c/183663188-oldschoolrs

Goodness, I guess it was a huge deal..
    They mentioned a few times that the stream was conducted somewhat covertly, I remember them saying it was unannounced on purpose so people wouldn't simply decline to turn their bots on for a day. Interesting that it received that much traffic despite being impromptu.

I think it's mostly a ploy to drum up support from the community and front like they're scoring some huge win against bots.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post

I think it's mostly a ploy to drum up support from the community and front like they're scoring some huge win against bots.
    That's exactly why. Jagex boasts about banning thousands of bots but we know they bots are entering the game faster than they can ban them. The average player will not see the results of a big bot bust as those gold farming default bots still swarm F2P. If they do a live stream, it makes them appear to be winning the war.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sillyfrog View Post
    That's exactly why. Jagex boasts about banning thousands of bots but we know they bots are entering the game faster than they can ban them. The average player will not see the results of a big bot bust as those gold farming default bots still swarm F2P. If they do a live stream, it makes them appear to be winning the war.
    Which smartphone do you like????

Thread Information