Thread: Help on my first script (stun, alch)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Default Help on my first script (stun, alch)

Hello, I am a totally new scripter and I am looking for some help to get things rolling to help me write my first stun & alch script. Are there any libraries/threads to help me and set me on the right foot.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

This guide should be your first stop to get set up & started: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread...39#post1391739

Pop into the Discord or IRC if you need help with anything.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

The approach I would take is look at scripts that have been developed and try to learn off them.

Here is a alch script (that maybe outdated) but you could read through it and try to learn off it:

https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115503

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    This guide should be your first stop to get set up & started
    Pop into the Discord or IRC if you need help with anything.
    Thanks appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    The approach I would take is look at scripts that have been developed and try to learn off them.

Here is a alch script (that maybe outdated) but you could read through it and try to learn off it:

What is the reason it doesn't work for that particular script. , maybe if U can set me on the right foot I can try and repair it if thats possible.
    Last edited by Define Define; 06-20-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Define Define View Post
    Thanks appreciated.

Like what is the reason a script breaks over time, like what is the reason for that particular script. Whats the reason it doesn't work, maybe if U can set me on the right foor I can try and repair it if thats possible.
    That script is written using AeroLib, a library whose maintainer is questionably active atm. I would recommend rewriting it using the SRL include found here: https://github.com/SRL/SRL
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Aerolib is currently working fine for me; there are a few pieces that I have had to update myself though.

If you are new, I would recommend looking at SRL as well; I personally haven't been able to grasp it though haha.

Scripts break over time when they are not updated to reflect the latest version of the include. Runescape interface co-ordinates or colours can change over time, and functions can have their parameters adjusted from release to release (example AL 2.0).
    These are generally easy to fix; it comes down to whether or not the developer can be fucked updating it.
    This is especially true when a script was written a long time ago, and the scripters knowledge/skills have outgrown the script.

An alching script would be very simple to make as it can effectively be done with an auto-clicker. Read through some introductory tutorials and you should have the fundamental skills to make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Alright thanks for setting me on the right foot. I know an alcher would be suite simple but adding stun to that so it alches & stuns proves more of a challenge to me. Tommorow I will look into all the things you guys shared.

I will hop in discord if I need help with scripting I guess

Thread Information