Thread: What are the different text variables/fonts? (ie. statChars07, smallChars07, etc)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

Default What are the different text variables/fonts? (ie. statChars07, smallChars07, etc)

https://imgur.com/a/pYlyfpb
    Need to figure out what type of text this is, but not sure where the different names for the fonts are listed.
    Also:
    Simba Code:
    writeLn(getTextAtEx(139,394,378,408,0,5,1,0,0,'StatChars07'));
    What are things like vspacing (vertical spacing) and hspacing (horizontal spacing) supposed to do. They sound pretty straightforward but when I change them they never improve text recognition. A bit of an explanation would be awesome
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

http://docs.villavu.com/simba/scriptref/ocr.html

Pretty straightforward indeed. Horizontal spacing is the space between characters (padding), and vertical spacing is the space between two lines of text.

The fonts are stored in the "Fonts" folder in the Simba directory. Just take a look in it, and determine what font it is. There's a bitmap for each character.

Or better yet - just try them until you find the correct one. Its really not that hard to troubleshoot.

It appears to me to be SmallChars07. All I did was look at the pictures.

They're also named after what they are.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

UpChars07. However if that's a RSPS, fonts may differ slightly (which is not a good thing).
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    http://docs.villavu.com/simba/scriptref/ocr.html

Pretty straightforward indeed. Horizontal spacing is the space between characters (padding), and vertical spacing is the space between two lines of text.

The fonts are stored in the "Fonts" folder in the Simba directory. Just take a look in it, and determine what font it is. There's a bitmap for each character.

Or better yet - just try them until you find the correct one. Its really not that hard to troubleshoot.

It appears to me to be SmallChars07. All I did was look at the pictures.

They're also named after what they are.
    So the hspacing is the amount of space between each character, but not each word? and if it is only looking for one line of text, it would be 0 for vspacing and not 1?
    And ty for the fonts bitmap guidance
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Thread Information