Thread: SPS maps not working/player position not being detected

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default SPS maps not working/player position not being detected

I've been trying to test out the SPS walking method, following the SPS section in The Mayor's scripting guide, which states that the minimap should first be expanded, a screenshot taken with the snipping tool, which is then copied into paint where the white surrounding areas are removed, and finally saved as a PNG image in the runescape_other folder.

However, no matter how large or small I make the map, or which location I try testing out SPS with, the walkPath function fails to move the character. writeLn(sps.getPlayerPos()); always returns a value of {X = -1, Y = -1}. I've tried avoiding black areas when taking screenshots of the map but this yields the same results. I've been asked to test out saveScreenShot('foo.bmp') to see what screenshot gets saved, and the 'foo.bmp' file does show a valid picture of my game client. I've been told that my map is just bad, but I've taken so many maps of various locations that I'm not too sure what else I can do differently at this point. I am running the java client with OpenGL.

The code snippet provided by the SPSToolBox jar file does not work either, and inserting writeLn(sps.getPlayerPos()); also yields an output of {X = -1, Y = -1}

Here's an example image of a map I've tested:
    Port_Sarim_Test.png

Any suggestions/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

You must have something not setup correctly... just downloaded you image and ran it fine:

Maybe post the script?

Thread Information