Thread: quit because of ban

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Default quit because of ban

I had quit RS and this forum because of the ban of my main account. It sucks and they won't give the account back no matter what. Is there anything new I should do? This was a few years back so I assume the scripts have new security features.
    “Oh, hi. So, how are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M A POTATO"
    http://www.southweststandard.com

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

That sucks. It's actually fun to start from scratch especially being away for a few years. Any botting related scripts have chances for a ban.. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    That sucks. It's actually fun to start from scratch especially being away for a few years. Any botting related scripts have chances for a ban.. Good luck!
    This^

Make an account, and bot respectfully. Take breaks, mix up tasks, and do other stuff in between like quests/minigames/pk...

Everything I am now writing, is purely anecdotal, but i'd also recommend using only an official/semi offial client... such as runelite/osbuddy/official one

I used to exclusively play on SMART for years. Even when I didnt bot ( only have used scripts for a couple of skills), I used SMART. However, a couple of mates and others people on this forum have noted that they DO know which client is being used and is cause for a flag. Times have changed and over the past year I only use SMART if I have been using it for quests and games, as opposed to only using SMART to bot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

If you have any older accounts that you don't care about I found that they scrutinize older accounts less at creation if you start botting right out of the gate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Talis View Post
    If you have any older accounts that you don't care about I found that they scrutinize older accounts less at creation if you start botting right out of the gate.
    Anecdotal at best but I agree. If someone plans to 100% bot on an account, spend the first week doing random stuff legitimately so that the account isn't flagged. MMK said that most bots are flagged before they even leave tutorial island.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JSmooth View Post
    Anecdotal at best but I agree. If someone plans to 100% bot on an account, spend the first week doing random stuff legitimately so that the account isn't flagged. MMK said that most bots are flagged before they even leave tutorial island.
    I would also agree (anecdotally) that older accounts, or accounts with a lot of prior activity, tend to be banned less often.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Thread Information