Thread: Hand recorder and mouse inputs questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Default Hand recorder and mouse inputs questions

Hello all,

I have no clue if this is the right place to post my questions. If it isn't please help figure me out where it needs to be xd.
    Questions: -How does simba create inputs to the game so you can stil use the mouse cursor for other things? And would it be possible for a simple ahk (=autohotkey) script to run like this? (This meaning letting it run while i control the mouse cursor)

-is there a way of recording your mouse movements and then letting simba do them in osrs? And I know there are programs out there that make a script out of it but I don't like them since I can't do anything else while the script is running plus it takes the speed between 2 clicks to know how fast the cursor needs to go doing the movement, so it doesn't look natural.

Thanks in advance,

avb

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

> How does simba create inputs to the game so you can stil use the mouse cursor for other things?

To do this, you would need to use an external tool in concert with Simba that can provide fake input devices for Simba to use, as opposed to using the real ones attached to your computer. Examples are SMART or RDPWrap

> And would it be possible for a simple ahk (=autohotkey) script to run like this?

I doubt it, I don't believe AHK is anywhere near as feature-full as Simba, as far as being an extensible macro engine. You'd be best off asking that question on an AHK forum.

> is there a way of recording your mouse movements and then letting simba do them in osrs?

Not directly recording mouse movements, no, this isn't advisable at all. However you could use SRL to make Simba accurately reproduce actions in the context of OSRS.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Thanks a lot for the reply
    That made me want to ask another question though. How could you make a script that looks like it is a real person playing. (multiple patterns and not point to point mouse movements)? Or is this exactly what SRL enables you to do?

Thanks in advance,

avb

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

"is there a way of recording your mouse movements and then letting simba do them"

Sounds like an xy problem (https://meta.stackexchange.com/quest...em/66378#66378)
    Anyways, yes you can. You'd basically be having to write code that is constantly recording the mouse position. Just recording mouse position alone should be super easy.
    Here's some code to help you get started.
    Simba Code:
    var
      x, y: integer;

begin
      for 1 to 50 do
      begin
        GetMousePos(x, y);
        writeln(x , ', ', y);
        wait(50);
      end;
    end.
    gl

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avb View Post
    Thanks a lot for the reply
    That made me want to ask another question though. How could you make a script that looks like it is a real person playing. (multiple patterns and not point to point mouse movements)? Or is this exactly what SRL enables you to do?

Thanks in advance,

avb
    SRL contains a great deal of pesudo-randomness as well as other nice features such as human-like mouse algorithms. There is also a pretty full-featured set of "antiban" functions you can use to break up patterns in your scripts. For more information, check out the docs or this thread.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Thanks so much guys.
    Those were all my questions for now

Thread Information