Thread: Hello everyone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Post Hello everyone

Hello everyone.

I'm registered since 2015, took a break but never introduced myself properly. So here we go.

I am really into IT since I was a kid. From building computers to programming, just every aspect of it amazed me.
    So at the age of 11 I went on and taught myself HTML and a bit of CSS and created my first website, well from todays perspective it looked really poor. Nethertheless I went on and sent Google's AdSense my site, so I could put ad on it. Well the refuesed it because of it's "difficult site navigation", I still laught about it today because of all the best practices in web development, I think I didn't even meet one.

Forwarding a few years, I started a vocational education / apprenticeship as an IT System Engineer, which took 4 years.
    After I successfully finished it, I started working fulltime as an IT System Engineer. About one year after working I had to join the military (not quite a fan to be honest, because in my countrie every man has to).

Well after finishing it, I went on working still as an IT System Engineer and started studing IT (60% work, 40% studying).
    Studying will take 3 years, which I'm still doing.

My great goal is to work in IT Security, which will require me to study for 9 years in total.

In all that time (and hopefully also in the future) my constant companion was Runescape. I found out about SRL like 5 years ago and still I am a huge fan of it. With my spare time from work and studying, even if it's prett little, I'll try to get into scripting again.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Welcome back! Awesome to see you stay dedicated and consistent. It is common to see people attempt to learn programming (even if its HTML/CSS) and bail on it because 'it is just not for me'. Excited to see some development from you .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    Welcome back! Awesome to see you stay dedicated and consistent. It is common to see people attempt to learn programming (even if its HTML/CSS) and bail on it because 'it is just not for me'. Excited to see some development from you .
    Thanks for warmly welcoming me May my first script will take a while to be published as studying really takes most of my time, but it is sure a goal of mine.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum seen you around a bit on IRC already. Best of luck!
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

What are you think of doing for your first script?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Talis View Post
    What are you think of doing for your first script?
    I've started a Cook's Assistant Quest bot. But it will definitly take some time to get done as studying has priority right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by symbiosis View Post
    I've started a Cook's Assistant Quest bot. But it will definitly take some time to get done as studying has priority right now.
    Ah nice. I am going to create a few basic scripts to get a feel for it. Then dive right into the NMZ scripts I initially joined to try and find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Hello everyone.
    My great goal is to work in IT Security, which will require me to study for 9 years in total.
    Just curious, what type of certificates or schooling are you doing right now after the technical training?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JSmooth View Post
    Just curious, what type of certificates or schooling are you doing right now after the technical training?
    Well as I'm not from the USA nor the UK, I had to look up the names of the certifications.

After the vocational education / apprenticeship I've got the titel: Federal VET Diploma in Information Technology
    The education which I'm doing now will end me up with the titel: Advanced Federal Diploma of Higher Education in Information Technology
    After that I can get the Bachelor of Science in Computer Sciences and then the Master of Science in Computer Sciences where I can specialize in IT Security.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Well as I'm not from the USA nor the UK, I had to look up the names of the certifications.

After the vocational education / apprenticeship I've got the titel: Federal VET Diploma in Information Technology
    The education which I'm doing now will end me up with the titel: Advanced Federal Diploma of Higher Education in Information Technology
    After that I can get the Bachelor of Science in Computer Sciences and then the Master of Science in Computer Sciences where I can specialize in IT Security.
    It's interesting how different the educational systems are in countries. Appreciate the info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JSmooth View Post
    It's interesting how different the educational systems are in countries. Appreciate the info.
    Absolutely. I assume you're from the USA or UK?

Thread Information