Thread: First Script_Reviving it from 3 Years Ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Default First Script_Reviving it from 3 Years Ago

Hey guys!

I havent yet published any scripts because as I was finishing my first one in 2015, I had to take a break and just haven't gotten back to botting RS until now when I *might have* gotten my fiance addicted to RS (Oops? or is that a good thing? lol). I just now have found my old first script so I will post it here for any to see. I will update it with progress updates as well as testing alternative strategies, blah blah blah.

This is not a completed project; it is a work in progress. As such, I would love to hear feedback and recommendations of changes, new implementations, and even side conversations are welcomed too at the same time as well hehe.

This is an OSRS cowhide picker-upper and banker, it walks from the cow pen in East Lumby and banks in the top floor of Lumbridge castle. It takes a couple of different SPS paths I believe to the bank and back (3 or 4 I think, though I think I will make one more pronounced numerically to increase human-like behaviors).

I think I'm using all color, but I'll have to check. I am about to open it up after a long break and see what is inside. To Simba!

LumbyCowPen.png
    Cowhide_Aerolib.simba
    Last edited by samlant; 08-21-2018 at 03:50 AM.
    אהבה היא אלוהימ

With Unbounding Love, Grace, and Peace

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Overall this looks like a solid start to me - however AeroLib has it's walls crumbling down around it (Flight hasn't been seen in a long time, and the infrastructure is collapsing in on it), I'd suggest trying to port it over to SRL as it's actively maintained, and no less capable.

Other than that - welcome back and keep it up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Alright, will do!
    אהבה היא אלוהימ

With Unbounding Love, Grace, and Peace

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Welcome back

Once you perfect the color portion of this script maybe you should add an option to attack the cows:
    Walk to location -> attack cows -> pickup hide -> until fullinv -> bank -> repeat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

looks like a good start I have an old tanning script you can have 100% color if you need it

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by underforu View Post
    looks like a good start I have an old tanning script you can have 100% color if you need it
    Congrats on 30 spam useless grave-digging posts! Enjoy our fine collection of top-secret AOI RuneScape scripts in the Junior Member section.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    Congrats on 30 spam useless grave-digging posts! Enjoy our fine collection of top-secret AOI RuneScape scripts in the Junior Member section.
    I mean, the requirement is pretty silly, especially on a largely inactive forum. Can totally understand people wanting to see what's available in jr. member, and spamming is by far the most feasible way.

Could require something other than pc, e.g. a tiny bit of rep.
    Last edited by acow; 05-27-2019 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    I mean, the requirement is pretty silly, especially on a largely inactive forum. Can totally understand people wanting to see what's available in jr. member, and spamming is by far the most feasible way.

Fair point. It is almost impossible NOT to grave-dig or spam considering the most recent post in a lot of sub-forums is months to years old. I know people always says now "we're all on discord" but this forum is still the primary source of new members so seeing the inactivity here can't be good for new member retention...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post

True, the forums don't really make much sense right now, but there's never an excuse for spamming. Anyone who isn't a complete leech would have real questions or could actually contribute to discussions. Look, we're doing it right now. It's not hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    True, the forums don't really make much sense right now, but there's never an excuse for spamming. Anyone who isn't a complete leech would have real questions or could actually contribute to discussions. Look, we're doing it right now. It's not hard.
    the thing about the forums, speaking as a "new" member. is that it is really really overwhelming. i've had numerous attempts at starting, reading the forums, trying to make sense of it all, and just losing my grasp on everything. also, since i'm basicly a complete noob i don't feel like being able to contribute to discussions, and i don't wanna ask questions that i should have been able to find with the search, but searching takes a long time, and i don't know what's relevant because some tutorials and stuff are relevant even tho they are really old, and then there is stuff from aerolib etc that's not relevant anymore (i'm reading posts that say to use SRL-OSR) even tho it's not even that old.

I really like to learn to program and i think runescape is a very fun and rewarding way to see your results but the barier to familiarise yourself with things is pretty high i think. I want to learn, and i have written the cabbage script already, but like looking at other kinds of scripts and trying to rewrite something from reflection or SimpleOCR into SRL-OSR is like, i don't know where to start.

(just to make clear, not looking for everything on a platter, but being able to distinguish/know what's relevant and what's not helps immensely)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azir View Post
    the thing about the forums, speaking as a "new" member. is that it is really really overwhelming. i've had numerous attempts at starting, reading the forums, trying to make sense of it all, and just losing my grasp on everything. also, since i'm basicly a complete noob i don't feel like being able to contribute to discussions, and i don't wanna ask questions that i should have been able to find with the search, but searching takes a long time, and i don't know what's relevant because some tutorials and stuff are relevant even tho they are really old, and then there is stuff from aerolib etc that's not relevant anymore (i'm reading posts that say to use SRL-OSR) even tho it's not even that old.

I really like to learn to program and i think runescape is a very fun and rewarding way to see your results but the barier to familiarise yourself with things is pretty high i think. I want to learn, and i have written the cabbage script already, but like looking at other kinds of scripts and trying to rewrite something from reflection or SimpleOCR into SRL-OSR is like, i don't know where to start.

(just to make clear, not looking for everything on a platter, but being able to distinguish/know what's relevant and what's not helps immensely)
    Thanks for providing some insight. The forums are dead, any questions you might have would be welcomed, and they would likely be useful to other new users. It would also show those other new people that they won't be attacked for asking questions, but would instead receive lots of help and support.

Regarding discord: maybe there's some way to incorporate the forums into discord or vice versa?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azir View Post

If you're not already in the discord, I'd recommend you join it. You can ask more beginner questions there, and we're usually happy to answer them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Yes! I have found the discord and joined it already. KeepBotting has already given me some extra insight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Discord is where it's at!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Works great !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Tried it out, can also confirm it works.

Thread Information