Thread: I think it's time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Default I think it's time

I used to regularly visit these forums, somewhat as a leecher.. Had an account reach over 1600+ total level without using any other bot than Simba <3
    I recently decided to come back, and I must say, I'm deeply saddened by the state of Available RS3 Scripts..

Throughout the years, I have toyed with and written several scripts I kept private simply due to the quality of performance.. However, I've decided that I'm really going to bite the bullet and work to revamp the RS3 Public Scripts section!

If anyone would like to help me, that would be amazing!
    It would make me so happy to see SRL-Forums as active as they were between 07-09...

If anyone thinks this is a good idea, please voice your opinions below.. Please offer ideas and conversation as well!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

this is a great idea as long as you can stick with it.

i've done the same over the years just playing around with simple scripts that would click really nothing to fancy, but the entire time i was having problems this community was nothing but helpful to me. you'll find the same for you i'm sure. the SRL Members here on these forums are legends and the most of the guys here just want to help.

go for it homie i'd follow your progress/ try out what you make.
    im a retard

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

The forums seem extra quiet partially because a lot of activity moved to IRC/Discord. Also, most competent scripters just write their own stuff and don't post it. It's a LOT of extra work to polish and maintain a script well enough that an average leecher can use it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

@Citrus; this is the exact reason I don't publish anything.. the things that I've managed to create with Simba is incredible, but they're just too messy and require knowledge of the script and scripting in general to run :/
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

I really would like to do this just to challenge myself and become more competent with the SRL Library in general..
    I have been guilty over the years of not publishing what I write so I guess I understand that.

It really has just been a long time since I've been here so I'm not so familiar with the developments, I am gonna give this a go & see what all I learn though.
    I do have a few people here who have been helpful with me over the years, it'll be cool to invest some time.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

This is a great idea, don't forget to have fun while doing this!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Photos View Post
    I really would like to do this just to challenge myself and become more competent with the SRL Library in general..
    I have been guilty over the years of not publishing what I write so I guess I understand that.

It really has just been a long time since I've been here so I'm not so familiar with the developments, I am gonna give this a go & see what all I learn though.
    I do have a few people here who have been helpful with me over the years, it'll be cool to invest some time.
    The easiest way to learn programming fundamentals, Pascal, Simba, and SRL is through RuneScape scripts. This is the entry point that our community has historically used to facilitate learning.

Some recommended threads to read/understand/follow: one two three

Perhaps most important would be the suggestion to join the IRC or Discord (preferably both) as that is where most of the community tends to reside and you will get the most exposure there. You will receive more support and more help. The links are present in my signature.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Discord has way more mvoement that the forums. This is great idea man.

Regards,

Vixor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    This is a great idea, don't forget to have fun while doing this!
    I've definitely been having fun! Still a ways to go on having anything stable enough for public release, but I'm on my way Currently have all info(colors, sps, map, etc) for an elder tree cutter, but I haven't figured out how to loop the logic of it. Then, I have a firemaker with complete logic; just can't get it to find the brazier

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    The easiest way to learn programming fundamentals, Pascal, Simba, and SRL is through RuneScape scripts. This is the entry point that our community has historically used to facilitate learning.

Some recommended threads to read/understand/follow: one two three

Perhaps most important would be the suggestion to join the IRC or Discord (preferably both) as that is where most of the community tends to reside and you will get the most exposure there. You will receive more support and more help. The links are present in my signature.
    Thank you so much!! I can't tell you how many times I have kept coming back for references and had to search for these resources! Thank you for linking them in my thread here <3

Quote Originally Posted by Vixor View Post
    Discord has way more mvoement that the forums. This is great idea man.

Regards,

Vixor
    Discord?? I had no idea!! installing now, what is the official SRL discord??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    The forums seem extra quiet partially because a lot of activity moved to IRC/Discord. Also, most competent scripters just write their own stuff and don't post it. It's a LOT of extra work to polish and maintain a script well enough that an average leecher can use it.
    99% of the scripts I write I get to point where they are "good enough" for my purposes but never polish them off and publish them. Selfish I suppose but they depend on private custom includes I cbf to cleanup and publish.
    Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Discord?? I had no idea!! installing now, what is the official SRL discord??

https://discordapp.com/invite/RSXyB8E

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

@Dead_Photos I've was trying to bring the place back to life with my All-In-One RS3 stuff. Since switching exclusively to NXT, I've botted a new main to almost 1500 total without any signs of bans. If you're interested, I can help you get set up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Photos View Post
    I used to regularly visit these forums, somewhat as a leecher.. Had an account reach over 1600+ total level without using any other bot than Simba <3
    I recently decided to come back, and I must say, I'm deeply saddened by the state of Available RS3 Scripts..

Throughout the years, I have toyed with and written several scripts I kept private simply due to the quality of performance.. However, I've decided that I'm really going to bite the bullet and work to revamp the RS3 Public Scripts section!

If anyone would like to help me, that would be amazing!
    It would make me so happy to see SRL-Forums as active as they were between 07-09...

If anyone thinks this is a good idea, please voice your opinions below.. Please offer ideas and conversation as well!
    Goodluck with this, Would love to actually see some released into the RS3 side of things been lacking there way more lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 6b49WR7VbUjs9Hqeq5Etr View Post
    Goodluck with this, Would love to actually see some released into the RS3 side of things been lacking there way more lately.
    I love the idea, i just dont know how to fully configure the extensions.
    I've followed the tutorials but it may be my lack of english understanding or the fact that they are a little outdated... the thing is i dont have a functional configuration so it´s super hard to try to dev when you dont have a proper setted "IDE".

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vixor View Post
    I love the idea, i just dont know how to fully configure the extensions.
    I've followed the tutorials but it may be my lack of english understanding or the fact that they are a little outdated... the thing is i dont have a functional configuration so it´s super hard to try to dev when you dont have a proper setted "IDE".
    A lot of EVERYTHING is a bit outdated TBH. It makes it a lot harder to retain new members when they can't even get something basic working. Back when I first found this place, there were dozens of scripts to download and try out. Running someone's script was as simple as updating SRL and filling out a playerform. I think the problem is too many of us have either lost interest in keeping things working or moved on to bigger and better things.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Ill throw my hat into this arena. I need to get back into this stuff, just let me know where you guys wanna meet to discuss things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Will be down to release some private scripts myself to bait some people in to joining and staying. Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Please do, as a new botter i could use all the updated scripts i can get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Really, rather interesting to know this fact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm exactly on the same boat...
    I consider myself pretty decent scripter and I have some things that are pretty amazing but I was lucky I first joined the forums when I did and learned back then.
    I've taken big breaks and recently came back and struggled to get myself going again due to having zero help and I actually even joined the discord server but whenever I asked something over there I would be ignored... I just ended up having to remember what I once knew and learn new stuff by myself.
    If I were to join today for the first time, I would probably give up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

I'm not the only one who thought stuff like this over the years. For anyone who sees this, the demand for bots are high. I'm thinking about buying some tut island accounts and advertising SRL in-game. People would take notice. "Free, open-source bot with only free, open-source scripts - villavu.com" I feel like doing that for a while in GE would bring so, so many people to this site. But first we gotta get some more updated shit. I've been busy at work but I'm going to revamp every single one of the scripts I posted recently
    Jesus loves you

Thread Information