Thread: I think it's time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Default I think it's time

I used to regularly visit these forums, somewhat as a leecher.. Had an account reach over 1600+ total level without using any other bot than Simba <3
    I recently decided to come back, and I must say, I'm deeply saddened by the state of Available RS3 Scripts..

Throughout the years, I have toyed with and written several scripts I kept private simply due to the quality of performance.. However, I've decided that I'm really going to bite the bullet and work to revamp the RS3 Public Scripts section!

If anyone would like to help me, that would be amazing!
    It would make me so happy to see SRL-Forums as active as they were between 07-09...

If anyone thinks this is a good idea, please voice your opinions below.. Please offer ideas and conversation as well!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

this is a great idea as long as you can stick with it.

i've done the same over the years just playing around with simple scripts that would click really nothing to fancy, but the entire time i was having problems this community was nothing but helpful to me. you'll find the same for you i'm sure. the SRL Members here on these forums are legends and the most of the guys here just want to help.

go for it homie i'd follow your progress/ try out what you make.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    470 Post(s)

The forums seem extra quiet partially because a lot of activity moved to IRC/Discord. Also, most competent scripters just write their own stuff and don't post it. It's a LOT of extra work to polish and maintain a script well enough that an average leecher can use it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

@Citrus; this is the exact reason I don't publish anything.. the things that I've managed to create with Simba is incredible, but they're just too messy and require knowledge of the script and scripting in general to run :/
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

I really would like to do this just to challenge myself and become more competent with the SRL Library in general..
    I have been guilty over the years of not publishing what I write so I guess I understand that.

It really has just been a long time since I've been here so I'm not so familiar with the developments, I am gonna give this a go & see what all I learn though.
    I do have a few people here who have been helpful with me over the years, it'll be cool to invest some time.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    222 Post(s)

This is a great idea, don't forget to have fun while doing this!

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Photos View Post
    I really would like to do this just to challenge myself and become more competent with the SRL Library in general..
    I have been guilty over the years of not publishing what I write so I guess I understand that.

It really has just been a long time since I've been here so I'm not so familiar with the developments, I am gonna give this a go & see what all I learn though.
    I do have a few people here who have been helpful with me over the years, it'll be cool to invest some time.
    The easiest way to learn programming fundamentals, Pascal, Simba, and SRL is through RuneScape scripts. This is the entry point that our community has historically used to facilitate learning.

Some recommended threads to read/understand/follow: one two three

Perhaps most important would be the suggestion to join the IRC or Discord (preferably both) as that is where most of the community tends to reside and you will get the most exposure there. You will receive more support and more help. The links are present in my signature.
    GitLab projects | Simba for Linux | Find me on IRC or Discord | OSRS scripts

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Discord has way more mvoement that the forums. This is great idea man.

Regards,

Vixor

Thread Information