Thread: Grave digging on guides and tutorials

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Default Grave digging on guides and tutorials

Hey everyone,
    I am a little bothered by the grave digging rule on this forum. I just recently got back into botting and have been going over the tutorials. Sometimes I will read a tutorial and need some clarification on something I don't understand. I scroll to the last post and find out that it is over three months old. What am I to do in this case? I know I could start a new thread with my question, but that seems pointless just to reference the other thread that I had a question about.

Specifically, at the moment, I was reading the "How to Become an SRL Member" guide. I wanted to ask for clarification on what counts as custom object finding. Should I start a new thread that links to the thread I am questioning? This wasn't the only thing I was curious about on that thread, but I don't want to post since that thread hasn't been active for a couple of years. I feel my questions are still valid though.

I know this site isn't as active as it once was. Is it maybe time to extend the mark on what counts as grave digging?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daileyj93 View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I am a little bothered by the grave digging rule on this forum. I just recently got back into botting and have been going over the tutorials. Sometimes I will read a tutorial and need some clarification on something I don't understand. I scroll to the last post and find out that it is over three months old. What am I to do in this case? I know I could start a new thread with my question, but that seems pointless just to reference the other thread that I had a question about.

Specifically, at the moment, I was reading the "How to Become an SRL Member" guide. I wanted to ask for clarification on what counts as custom object finding. Should I start a new thread that links to the thread I am questioning? This wasn't the only thing I was curious about on that thread, but I don't want to post since that thread hasn't been active for a couple of years. I feel my questions are still valid though.

I know this site isn't as active as it once was. Is it maybe time to extend the mark on what counts as grave digging?
    The fastest and easiest way is to ask on discord https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117343

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

If you'd like to bump an old tutorial with a question, go ahead and do so. Even if the tutorial is outdated/irrelevant, somebody will see that you're trying and give you an answer, or at least link you somewhere else. You could also make a new thread.

For less complex questions, drop us a line in IRC/Discord and someone will answer.

As far as object finding, anything that's not using findObject() or a similar function would be considered "custom," if you have a good understanding of CTS2 color space and TPAs this should be easy, if not here's a good link: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118229#P3
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Thanks for the helpful responses. I just joined the discord channel.

Thread Information