Thread: How to use color to identify portable brazier at Shantay Pass?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Default How to use color to identify portable brazier at Shantay Pass?

Hey all, I've been working on a few scripts as I said I would in a post a few weeks ago & being that it's been a while since I've coded, and over the 10 years I've been here, I haven't spoken much & am no longer in my prime, I'm having a bit of trouble using CTS to find the brazier.

The ACA tool hasn't been very much help either. Even if I can identify colors on the brazier the spots are so minimal that I don't think it'd be efficient. If I try to widen the range, it just lights up the entire screen red. I've been sourcing some of my methods from other scripts, and came across a filtering method in SemtexFishingGuild to determine fish spot while filtering water color. I just don't understand the logic or how I'd implement it for this reason.ACAhelp.png

the attached pic is what happens anytime I try to expand the colors to find the best color

Please help!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Alright, so I have an idea; so I want to hear some opinions on this method. Using Booleans to confirm the direction faced, zoom, and angle of camera; would it be possible to put TBoxes' on the mainscreen where the braziers would typically be; and having Simba right click until it finds the "Add Log to Portable Brazier" option?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Is there an unique object nearby you can use as a reference? Find the (relatively) easy to find object, use that to calculate a search area for finding the object you are actually interested in. I sometimes do this if I am truly stuck on finding something.
    Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Photos View Post
    Alright, so I have an idea; so I want to hear some opinions on this method. Using Booleans to confirm the direction faced, zoom, and angle of camera; would it be possible to put TBoxes' on the mainscreen where the braziers would typically be; and having Simba right click until it finds the "Add Log to Portable Brazier" option?
    Yeah, the lazy way is to just check a few points/boxes around the player for mouseover/uptext. I think I had a few scripts like that for portables.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    Yeah, the lazy way is to just check a few points/boxes around the player for mouseover/uptext. I think I had a few scripts like that for portables.
    Alright, so; if the portable can be in one of 7 spots... think
    Code:
    [] bank chest []
    []   player   []
    []     []     []

and I want to move the mouse along the bounds of each box in the shape of a U, how exactly would I write that function??

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

that's the lazy way. if you really want to get a good script, have a look at this https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110546

Thread Information