Thread: Syntax/Compatibility and Extensions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Angry Syntax/Compatibility and Extensions

I'm not sure if I'm just heavily overlooking something painfully obvious... But, I seem to be having nothing but syntax errors, which I believe are due to compatibility issues between includes.
    I have followed a few recent (and older) setup guides and they all lead to these problems, no matter what version of a script or include I use. The first problem I tend to run into is enabling certain extensions; I keep getting "failed to compile" and "unknown/duplicate declaration" errors when initially trying to enable the associate extension. Mkay, no big deal. Whatevs. The second problem I run into is the very next step in all guides; updating the srl extension's tabs. Srl itself updates fine, along with extensions. However, everytime I try to update the plugins tab, it ends in something along the lines of "kill received from updater."
    I can usually get it to successfully update after certain versions of includes are installed .. Which I suspect is the source of my problems.
    After tinkering around and trying different combinations of include/extension/plugin versions, it will actually compile a script successfully with no errors. However, running the script will result in SMART "failing to setup" or some random exception within an include...

Now... I have reinstalled java and Simba after each try of fiddling and tinkering, gave Simba administrator privileges, installed it to C:/, My Documents, and Desktop, and have even tried each combination in safe mode. Furthermore, I've tried just about every version combination of includes and extensions - Yes, I made sure to also install the extensions' respective plugins, if needed. I even went as far as getting the latest version of everything I could find and going through change logs to make tweaks and compatibility adjustments .. To no prevail, obviously. I couldn't even get relevant or helpful search results to piece this puzzle together.

I guess you should probably know I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, as well.

So with all that said.. Am I over complicating things due to a simple fix being overlooked, or are color bots truly dying out nowadays?
    All I'd like to do is get a script running with SMART so I can start scripting for osrs from scratch.
    Could anyone point me in the right direction? I'm stumped.

Thanks for reading!

EDIT - Also, yes.. I was using the fixed version of Simba.exe along with its files, intended for RSWalker.
    Just realized this was in the wrong forum... Anyone care to move it up a subforum..?
    Last edited by Zombified; 11-21-2018 at 01:32 AM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

The setup guide is good but a bit verbose. Here's something you could try. After backing up any scripts, wipe your current installation.

Grab Simba 1.3 RC1 from its release thread here. Follow the instructions you for testing it, which will install the SRL include for you.

To get RSWalker hooked up, grab the version of it that's been patched for Simba 1.3 from here, and extract it onto the correct path.

After that, try compiling this test script:

Simba Code:
    program new;
    {$i SRL/osr.simba}
    {$i SRL/utils/slacktree.simba}
    {$i RSWalker/Walker.simba}

begin
    end.

If successful, then you have set your environment up correctly using the latest development release of Simba, and you can start writing scripts.

Any questions, pop in the IRC or Discord and ping me. Good luck!
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Thread Information