Thread: I'm Back Sorta - Rucoy Online Bot Update and other things.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

Default I'm Back Sorta - Rucoy Online Bot Update and other things.

I've been absent for a little while obviously.
    I've taken on a full work load, military obligations, and now going back to school full time.

I've taken up a few more hoodies that have really sucked what time I've had left.
    One of which was some c++ programming and bot development. Copping the SRL function logic and color finding procedures, I was able to develop a c++ color based bot for runescape.
    It was able to do basic color finding, but stopped when creating the positioning system was just too much for me to take on.
    I was then going to port this bot to Rucoy, but so many days of my life felt wasted sunken into this project, and I realized Simba, and SRL provides all the tools, without all of the hassle.
    Failed attempt a few months ago:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUgJWe8bIzI&t

It was a great learning experience, but I felt defeated and burnt out, so I had to step away for a while.
    I went on to create some game hacking tutorials on my YouTube channel, but jagex copyright striked all of the Runescape related videos in the series, kind of killing that dream as well.

I took a break from programming, and I have recently gotten into HAM Radio.
    I've gotten into a lot of interesting things with it, satellite communication, Receiving Images for the ISS, and more recently working on a protocol for transmitting web pages over RF.
    Also built a relay system for APRS(Automatic Packet Reporting System) for sending GPS Position, emails and text messages with my radio using a software defined radio for receiving, raspberry pi, and a Baofeng 5w for Transmitting.
    IMG-20181101-180902.jpg
    IMG-20181101-180935.jpg

Villavu always comes to mind here and there, and I owe a lot to this community for my desire to program, and my know-how as well.
    Checking up on my Old Rucoy bot, I see that it had a lot of support, and even some private development.
    I'm still quite busy, but I'd like to get my feet wet again here, and see If I can't help out on updating the Rucoy Script.

TLDR:
    Whats new here, what have I missed?
    Someone who updated my old Rucoy script, I'm also inviting you to message me for help now, and to see where you're at. I'd like to get a working version up if it's broken.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Hey Aspect! Nice to see you drop by... Seems like however busy we get in life most of us drop by to see what is going on & how everyone is doing, which is awesome!
    The forums activity level has dropped quite a bit. A lot of the activity has been moved onto Discord (modern voice & text chat app).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

What is the APRS for? Did you ever make a blog post about it or similar?
    The jealous temper of mankind, ever more disposed to censure than
    to praise the work of others, has constantly made the pursuit of new
    methods and systems no less perilous than the search after unknown
    lands and seas.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

http://KN4mkb.me is the website with a few photos, and info on the system I have running.
    APRS(Automatic Packet Reporting System) is a digital radio packet normaly used in the 2 meter Ham radio band. The packet normally contains the users Callsign, gps location, custom status text, and you can also send and receive messages to other callsigns with it.
    Nodes called digipeaters are user hosted gateways that both repeat packets that come into them, to allow more coverage, and also link all packets together through the internet.

Signals come in through the receiver, which are decoded by either a hardware TNC(Terminal node controller) or a softwatre one(in my case)
    They are send via the internet, and also transmitted over a transmitter (with usually a high antenna).
    Packets come in from the internet to your system known as an igate, and are transmitted in your local area if someone in your area is to receive a message and is within range of your node.

There is also a SMS and an email Gateway where users can send text messages and emails using the network. This means being anywhere in about a 20 mile radius of my node, I can send text messages, emails, gps location, and direct messages to anyone using my radio mounted in the car. But there are many nodes around the world, giving access to text messaging and emails in places where cell phone signal and internet is non existent,.
    You can view all active stations, current locations and all raw packets at
    http://aprs.fi
    You can search via callsign, for exmaple, my callsign is KN4MKB, and my node is KN4MKB-10

This is a video example of me sending a text message with my radio.

Besides usefulness it's a fun hobby to tinker around with.

If you are interested in the digital aspect of it you can begin to decode APRS packets with a BaoFeng UV-5R radio(25$) paired with a BTECH APRS-K1 Cable(audio interface cable)($15) connected to the headphone jack of a cellphone with the AprsDroid app as detailed here: https://www.instructables.com/id/APRS-and-the-UV-5R/

Of course you can't legally transmit until you take a technician licence exam to get your FCC callsign. But you can listen all you want.
    Last edited by Aspect; 12-12-2018 at 05:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Nice APRS setup, its quite impressive how much of a signal you can get out, even on a 5W Beofeng, when you have a well constructed antenna. I haven't done anything with APRS yet but its definitely fun to receive the ISS and weather satellite transmissions. If you are on 20m ever you should keep an ear open for my call sign, KD9JRP. I'm moving my antenna from the attic to the roof when spring time rolls around so hopefully I'll be able to get a better signal out. You should send me a message if you ever want to try making contact. I would really like to try making an EME or cubesat contact in the future.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

Nice to see another ham here!
    Unfortunately, I don't have my general licence yet, so HF bands are restricted.
    But I will keep you in mind when I do get it!
    An EME contact would be awesome to do.
    But I do talk on all sats so-50 ao-92 ao-91 from time to time if you are located in North America.
    Money is an issue too. It's gonna be a while before I can buy a HF rig and decent antenna setup for my apartment.
    Last edited by Aspect; 12-12-2018 at 05:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Keep an eye out on eBay. I was able to get a Kenwood 520 for $200 plus shipping. My antenna is just bare copper wire spliced into some LMR-195 feedline using a couple spare terminal blocks I got at work for free. The whole setup was less than $300, which was kinda a lot for me, but not too bad considering some people spend over $2k on their setups. I sent you a friend request so maybe one of these days we can try setting up a contact or just bounce some ideas around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Aspect!

I just noticed your last simba scripts for Rucoy Online. I am wondering if u'll continue making them or that u quitted.

Thread Information