Thread: New to programming - here are my goals for my first script.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Default New to programming - here are my goals for my first script.

Kind of an introduction post.

I'm newish to programming and it something I wanted to learn in my free time.

I used to play RS as a kid and stopped but now I dabble in RSPS and I figured simba would be the perfect program for me to learn how to develop scripts.

I guess starting out my first goal is pretty simple and I want the following things
    1: To develop a pickpocketing script to pickpocket a moving NPC repeatedly.
    2: To get around a simple anti-bot script using bitmaps (I think this would be appropriate as it a pop up menu that asks you to identify one of three items and I've been taking screenshots of each menu and almost have them all collected)
    3: Have it run multiple bots at the same time
    4: Since I will do this in a secluded area I would like for it to log out all the accounts for five minutes anytime a player comes nearby. (Again maybe bitmaps? I can see a players nearby counter and when that reaches "x" it should recognize the number and set the script to log out?).

If you guys have any reading I should do I'd really appreciate and you'll probably see me posting my first script in a few weeks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Hey SIC, I agree; I think SRL is a pretty good way to get into programming. Lots of guides and if you enjoy RS its a fun way to reap the rewards of your programming as you learn. A few things I would recommend are to use DTMs instead of bitmaps. They use less memory and work just as well as bitmaps, at least from my experience. In fact, I never actually use bitmaps anymore. I would read the "Complete Guide to Setting Up Simba and SRL" as well as the Cabbage Picking Tutorial, both by StickToTheScript. Those two guides alone will set you in the right direction. And feel free to ask questions either here on the forum or on the SRL discord server.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Read bunch of guides and start reading/playing with other peoples code.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SIC View Post
    Kind of an introduction post.

I'm newish to programming and it something I wanted to learn in my free time.

I used to play RS as a kid and stopped but now I dabble in RSPS and I figured simba would be the perfect program for me to learn how to develop scripts.

I guess starting out my first goal is pretty simple and I want the following things
    1: To develop a pickpocketing script to pickpocket a moving NPC repeatedly.
    2: To get around a simple anti-bot script using bitmaps (I think this would be appropriate as it a pop up menu that asks you to identify one of three items and I've been taking screenshots of each menu and almost have them all collected)
    3: Have it run multiple bots at the same time
    4: Since I will do this in a secluded area I would like for it to log out all the accounts for five minutes anytime a player comes nearby. (Again maybe bitmaps? I can see a players nearby counter and when that reaches "x" it should recognize the number and set the script to log out?).

If you guys have any reading I should do I'd really appreciate and you'll probably see me posting my first script in a few weeks!
    Hey man pm me I think I can help you

Thread Information