Thread: Maxed!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Default Maxed!

I've finally accomplished a dream that my younger self never would have thought possible, and it's all thanks to SRL. The forums aren't too active anymore, and it's honestly not as huge sn achievement for both real players and botters, but I still felt like I wanted to share.

While I was still in high school, I had gotten one account to 2k total by mostly leeching from here, but I lost the account because I got greedy and abused the God Statues construction glitch when it came out (I still think its bs that all the accounts that abused it were perma'd instead of just rolled back...). Afterward, I gave up on my dream of having a maxed account and focused on using my time to learn how to code, which I attribute a lot to these forums, to write gold farming scripts.

As my skill grew, I eventually was able to write a script that did runecrafting that was incredibly stable and able to run without fail overnight, netting me a decent profit. While other people definitely have more advanced farms than me, I was just proud to have something that I could call my own. One of the accounts eventually had over 40m RC before there was an update that made fire runes surge in price. Being greedy, I changed the script to run fire runes, but they had turned up Botwatch in the area or something and my account almost instantly got permabanned later that same day.

After that, I got reckless with my remaining accounts. A couple received macro minor bans, but I didn't care enough to change my habits at all. Eventually, one got perma'd and then the rest of my farm received straight to permanent bans. I think at this point, I'd been manually banned and my script flagged (if that's a thing). I made one more attempt at building a new account, but it was caught pretty quickly. I decided to quit RS for the time being and focus on school, where I was majoring in CS (thanks to my interest in botting).

For a while, I didn't even think about Runescape at all, but some of my IRL friends started to play Old School and we had a lot of fun messing around in F2P PVP. You know what they say, you never quit RS, you just take breaks. Eventually, when the summer rolled around, I felt the urge to start up a new account and try to hit my goal again. I set my eyes on unlocking Prif first and then focusing on max afterward. I remember how difficult it felt trying to find a way to bot harder skills as most scripts on SRL were broken by this point. I eventually received a macroing minor for using a variation of a penguin clicker script from here and I gave up on the account.

I then took another break, but it wasn't long before I started back up again. By now it was my junior year of college, and I had a lot more skill in writing scripts and had figure out a lot about how to not get banned. I got the summoning req for Plague's End out of the way first with one of the AFK holiday events and then started rebuilding slowly. I took small breaks here and there, but the account didn't really take off until this past year. Having already found a job in my senior year and only taking a few easy courses, I had time in the day to do less bottable skills. I also finally realized that I didn't mind doing some grinding myself.

A few months later... the account is maxed! I'll make another comment with the methods I took to get each skill to max below in case it helps. I'll also try to share some tips on how to not get banned on the way there. As for my account, I think I won't touch it with a script at all because it's too precious. I think I'll join a clan, learn some bosses, and enjoy the game legit until full-time work begins.

I really only have this community to thank. Everyone was really open and willing to teach, and I got to learn from some of the best SRL minds by just pouring over source code in my free time. Being here has kickstarted my career IRL and it's something I even talk about in interviews if they seem to understand what I do!

Long live SRL!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Attack, Strength, Defence, Ranged, Magic, Slayer, Constitution: This is pretty easy. I just wrote a script that would handle a lot of the AFk tasks for Slayer, such as repotting. I had a legendary pet that would pick up drops.

Prayer: Gilded Altar, Cleaning Crystals during DXP

Crafting, Herblore, Fletching: You can write one script that just banks and uses items on each other pretty easily

Mining: I did this before M&S rework. Mostly concentrated sandstone and seren stones

Smithing: Mostly done before M&S. Saved corrupted ore for DXP and wrote a simple script for that. Saved proteans for 99.

Fishing: Barb Fisher, VIP Menaphos Area, Priff Waterfall

Firemaking, Cooking: Prif bonfire

Woodcutting: Crystallise Acadia Trees

Runecrafting: Runespan (slow and annoying af)

Dungeoneering: Did legit through sinks

Agility: Empty throne room, Hefin Course, Silverhawks on DXP

Thieving: Found a safecracking route that was easy to script for

Farming: Did mostly legit. Was going to write a seedicide bot, but POF made it ridiculously easy

Construction: Larders, Tables, Pawnbroker

Hunter: Saved proteans for DXP and used on Crystal Skillchompas

Summoning: Legit during DXP

Divination: Modified one of the scripts here

Invention: Altered prif fishing script to disassemble rods. Also easy to do legit after combat.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

How I tried to not get banned

I'm pretty sure every suggestio I could make is superceded by having an older account age. I found that I was able to get away with awful scripts that ran for ridiculous hours on old accounts. New ones would catch minor bans in a matter of weeks.

1. Used the NXT client fullscreen. There's an altered SRL6 library floating around somehwere that makes it work somewhat. A lot of funtionality is broken, but enough worked to accomplish my goals. I think I've seem some chatter about this in other threads and in Discord, but having a different layout compared to other people might help for evading detection.
    2. Always had fail-safes. You should always have a condition in your scripts that checks to see if the actions are completed successfully.
    3. [B]Evaded reports[/B}. I'm pretty sure player reports actually matter a lot. More than randomness in your scripts IMO. I think getting reported flags your account to get looked at by Botwatch. To counteract this, I would hop worlds all the time, keep playtime limited, and try not to make too big gains in one day.

[Might edit this when I think of more things I did]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

Congratulations dude!

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

gz now try to max on osrs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

A nice GG to you dude!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Congratulations dude!
    Quote Originally Posted by felparers View Post
    A nice GG to you dude!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodz View Post
    gz now try to max on osrs
    Thanks but >.<

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Congratz dude, great achievement!

I am trying to do the max grind on OSRS. Have managed to bot 11x 99's so far with only a temp ban.

If you want a real challenge, is certainly worth doing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Congratulations!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Wow great read, congrats! Happy for you man.
    Also how long you think it took you in total to get max? and how long did you spend on developing your scripts?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    Congratz dude, great achievement!

I am trying to do the max grind on OSRS. Have managed to bot 11x 99's so far with only a temp ban.

If you want a real challenge, is certainly worth doing
    Thanks! That's pretty damn impressive! I would try but it maybe later. Much later. Once I'm bored with my main.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallP3n0r View Post
    Congratulations!
    TY!

Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    Wow great read, congrats! Happy for you man.
    Also how long you think it took you in total to get max? and how long did you spend on developing your scripts?

I think it was anywhere from 55-60 days played to max. I have no idea on how long it took to write scripts. After I learned a lot of the fundamentals and wrote some scripts, I could pretty much reuse a skeleton consistently to make any script I wanted. What I did learn however was that you need to do like 20x the work to make a script that's already working at like 80% work 99.9% of the time. I hope that makes sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Grats on the achievement! I'm doing the same but on Osrs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

is botting on rs3 really that much easier?

Thread Information