Thread: Linux question, similar to using rdpwrapper for windows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Default Linux question, similar to using rdpwrapper for windows

So with windows you can make guest accounts and then use rdpwrap program to setup a mutliple bots on the same machine (with lightweight resource consumption). Can you also do the same with linux os?
    Has anyone done this before?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

You can do this with X, using a utility like Xvfb, Xephyr, or even a VNC server.

It works similarly to rdpwrap, but doesn't require distinct user accounts or hacks that circumvent the limitations of the OS Xvfb is very light on resources as well. Presumably Xephyr is a bit heavier and running VNC servers will cause significantly more resource consumption but can be useful for remote control.

A few proof-of-concepts exist, see here for a (very simple) example of how I made Simba run the necessary programs. This should have been done with Xlib but I got lazy and had Simba make system calls using TProcess instead. When coupled with SRL's more proper Xlib integration, this could be a cheap way to programmatically spawn RuneScape bots inside fake X displays.

Something like this was also used as a component of BenLand100's Python macroing solution.
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 06-06-2019 at 01:55 AM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    You can do this with X, using a utility like Xvfb, Xephyr, or even a VNC server.

It works similarly to rdpwrap, but doesn't require distinct user accounts or hacks that circumvent the limitations of the OS Xvfb is very light on resources as well. Presumably Xephyr is a bit heavier and running VNC servers will cause significantly more resource consumption but can be useful for remote control.

A few proof-of-concepts exist, see here for a (very simple) example of how I made Simba run the necessary programs. This should have been done with Xlib but I got lazy and had Simba make system calls using TProcess instead. When coupled with SRL's more proper Xlib integration, this could be a cheap way to programmatically spawn RuneScape bots inside fake X displays.

Something like this was also used as a component of BenLand100's Python macroing solution.
    So my main question is how could you deal with xlogging, ie mutliple different ips for each bot?

This seems to be what I am looking for, but it seems a bit hard for me to grasp what is actually going on. I tried reading the info provided but I am still a bit confused on how I should simply implement this. I'll have to try messing with it this week, could I contact you with questions?

How to load rsps jar into that?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imalama101 View Post
    So my main question is how could you deal with xlogging, ie mutliple different ips for each bot?

This seems to be what I am looking for, but it seems a bit hard for me to grasp what is actually going on. I tried reading the info provided but I am still a bit confused on how I should simply implement this. I'll have to try messing with it this week, could I contact you with questions?

How to load rsps jar into that?
    Xlogging to me means clicking the X to close the game instead of logging out "safely." Multilogging is more evocative of multiple accounts connected from the same host. To defeat that, you could use software like OpenVPN to ensure each of your client applications appear to be connecting from distinct hosts.

It's not really a single, simple implementation -- more like a general idea of several different programs working in tandem to accomplish a goal. All of my contact information is in my signature, feel free to use one of those or send a PM here. If you want to get your feet wet, play around with TigerVNC servers and clients and see if you can guess how they could be useful when running in the background. Then take a look at libframebuffer for a (lazy) example of how you could string it all together to do something useful.

If you wanted to bot on a private server you'd just run their client instead of Jagex's.
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 06-06-2019 at 09:29 PM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually if you use wine to run the bots, wine by itself is a container, with virtual desktop function and its set of input devices.

Thread Information