Thread: OCR error

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)

Default OCR error

When I call MainScreen.IsUpText(['string array here']) then I will randomly get an invalid pointer operation at result:

Simba Code:
    function TSimpleOCR.Recognize(B:TBox; Filter:TCompareRules; MaxWalk:Int32=40): String; override;
    begin
      Self.ClientID := ExportImageTarget();
      Result := Inherited(B, Filter, MaxWalk);
    end;

Any idea what this could be?

I am using simba 1.3, installed according to this tutorial: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118223.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I get this same error at random and I couldn't figure out what was causing it either.
    EDIT: Are you running multiple scripts at once by chance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)

Just this one. AFAIK you cannot directly use pointers in pascal either. I will try using TSRL.FindText and see if that works.

Did you get around the error?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

No, I haven't found a work-around, but I think you are on the right track using FindText. As far as I can tell, the error is coming from the OCR plugin, where FindText uses bitmaps instead. I usually get this error while calling ChooseOption, so anything that uses OCR could potentially get this error. You will have to let me know how FindText works for you and in the meantime hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be able to help us figure out what is going wrong here. It might be as simple as adding a try-catch to the OCR function.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I've had this problem too, it doesn't happen to me very often though. I've noticed that sometimes I will get client bounding-related errors during Antiban procedures that involve losing window focus (like Antiban.LoseFocus). Could you give us the full error message? That would be helpful .

Thread Information