Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Banning System & Randoms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well first thing it might just you mouse movements like just makin them not human because there not ganna ban you if you dont slove a random or something

but i think we are thinking to big because it would create a lot of lag if they sa what you sa for 1 hole minute they only monater your chat and only if you are reported for password scamming

well what i,am saying is they know where you click like lets say the auto wants to get in your invatory well when it clicks on you invantory it will click on the middle of the bitmap every single time if we could get like 10 bitmaps for one thing and make it pick a randome one it could greatly reduce your chance of geting banned

they mite know what colors you click on not only your positon but not very likaly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pretty good opinions on the banning system...

I am not so sure exactly how jagex figures everything out, but I know that randoms are the biggest pain for autoing.

Anyway i have a question for those who have had their accountd banned for "macroing"...

can you appeal this kind of ban?

I heard that someone said that they were "wrongly banned because they have only been playing excessively, such as pulling all-nighters, do to their obsession of RS." I guess this could work if they hadn't run into any randoms with whatever they were doing.

Is it true that this "appeal" (if it is possible) could work?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Nah, i don't even think they check into most of these appeals. They probably only check them when the account was a member or something, anyway, i had like 3 bans, all 3 i appealed, no response
    Administrator's Warning:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I guess so...

Does your offence history have to do anything with it too? Like if you still have a green flag, meaning you are clean without any offences, can you still get permanently banned from macroing right away?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

no... they ban you because of the offenses
    Administrator's Warning:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I'm sure the Jagex staff and/or spys amongst us can give a nice explanation of how and why people are banned, but then again, that wouldn't be too smart seeing that they'd be exposing themselves that way...

So, I'll share some of what i know, think or suspect...

Random events are often triggered by suspicous behavior like standing in a place for a long period of time and still moing your mouse over the screen sometimes not to log out...
    Of course alot of macroing has very suspicious behaviour and therefor macroers get random events alot more often than legit players.
    I think that when random events kill a character who showed suspicious behaviour while handling the random is logged specially in case of further signs indication that this is a macroer.

Then for the banning part...
    Basically every suspisious behaviour could get logged, building up a profile of a character and in case that the evidence of macroing is clear enough the character in question would be banned. Of course they won't go banning everyone that fast...
    But, people get flagged after a certain amount of this suspicious behaviour and then they are monitored more closely.
    Upto know macroing has been dealth with very severe, if it is discovered that an account is macroing it will without any doubt be perm banned.
    Some people manage to retrieve accounts by writing bann appeals, there is often talk about wether jagex like buttkissing appeals, tragic apeals, ... which if you ask me is complete bullshit. These appeals are mostlikely dealth with by different persons and therefor it doesn't matter what kind of appeal you write because the person who's going to read it will deal with it in an objective way.
    There have however been cases of macroing accounts being unbanned after a certain period of time while they had a perm ban, why exactly this happens is a mystery.

Now the short version:
    If you macro, you get banned, live with it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Lol, i like the short version , but yeah, that's basically the point.
    Administrator's Warning:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Freddy, while I'm fishing(legit) I almost always get a random every load. O_o;;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by db_cheater
    Yes, Failed randoms = investigation. EXAMPLE. I was actually mining in the wildy the other day, And I was just watching it go(Wizzups pminer) and I saw it fail a random(Frog) So then I assisted it, within the next 30 minuets(sp?) I had a player mod come up to me and say ' Hello ?' So I quickly typed, Hiya !... Then we had a nice little chat about how good rune used to be back in Rsc . Anyways, Yep, failed randoms usually lead to investigations. At least in my case it did.

Wow.. crazy story.. mods have they're own little console they can probably see how long youve been on your chat, and exp gained. Maybe.. i dunno *NOOB*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

they do, and if you fail on too many randoms, they release blood hounds to your house
    Administrator's Warning:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sub Zero
    they do, and if you fail on too many randoms, they release blood hounds to your house
    I hope you mean my POH lol, but still some really great info on banning and randoms on this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe if there was a way for bots to "intelligently" respond to common things said by other players. As an example-when powermining and someone asks "Mining lvls?" or variations and mispellings on that (minin levels, minin lvls), the bot could respond with the account's mining level. With statements ending in question marks that it doesn't know, it could say something like "mind your own business" and with statements without question marks at the end it could say "Oh" or "OK". This would make it seem a lot more humanlike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was examining the account recovery umm .java and in the
    includes part of the script it read :: include mouse watcher and timer and task or something like that...I dont remember but IDK if this helps or not so I aplogize in advace.
    Fuck Off Fakawi

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Un-Named
    I said macroers have more chance, macroing is often powershit, and thats why it prolly gets alot of randoms even tough ur not macroing

Quote Originally Posted by The Un-Named
    Yes, you said that before...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy1990
    I said macroers have more chance, macroing is often powershit, and thats why it prolly gets alot of randoms even tough ur not macroing

Yes, you said that before...
    Lag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think that they might do a test, like sent a player mod, or a special random, to go check you out as a last step before banning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's a little test I did which you all might find interesting, and I would love to know if others have similar results. A friend got me to use his account which was clearly flagged as he would get randoms constantly. I legitly simulated the fighting script he had been using and sure enough I got the dwarf. Instead of talking to him I lead him behind an object then ran back to other side and continued to simulate autoing all the time verbally making fun of the dwarf. the other players thought it was very funny... After some time the dwarf left and that ended the bombardment of randoms...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
    Here's a little test I did which you all might find interesting, and I would love to know if others have similar results. A friend got me to use his account which was clearly flagged as he would get randoms constantly. I legitly simulated the fighting script he had been using and sure enough I got the dwarf. Instead of talking to him I lead him behind an object then ran back to other side and continued to simulate autoing all the time verbally making fun of the dwarf. the other players thought it was very funny... After some time the dwarf left and that ended the bombardment of randoms...

Very interesting indeed. Was that the first random you got while legitly simulating the script? I am wondering if getting a random and handling it like the script would first, and then handling the next random the way you described would yield different results to handling the first random you get the way you described.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Very interesting indeed. Was that the first random you got while legitly simulating the script? I am wondering if getting a random and handling it like the script would first, and then handling the next random the way you described would yield different results to handling the first random you get the way you described.
    Yes, it only took about three minutes for him to apear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got a perma-ban for macroing once i was buying about 1400 deaths from the shop a day, for almost a month. I was using a straight line clicker with NO randomness at all, and i still didnt end up getting banned til about a month later, and i would do this for about 2 hours a day. Also during this time i hardly ever got any randoms. Even after i was done with my rune shopping and would go work on my other skills legit. So i sent in an appeal saying i didnt know how i got banned for macroing,they sent me a message back about 4 days later saying that they had evidence of me using a macro and that i had one "final" chance.
    http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...xem-Effect.gif
    ---Soon to come from AXEM SRL Productionz---
    .HighLife.AutoFighter V 1.0(38% Complete)
    .HighLife.Auto/PowerMiner(42% Complete)
    ---From AXEM-GFX-Team---
    Runescape PreMade Sigs(3/5
    All will be done in time for my B-Day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Somone asked about abuse recordings recording the last minute of play. I really believe it does, a long time ago on reinet someone posted something about a way to record videos of runescape in incredibly small file sizes. I see no other reason why jagex would want this.

Edit: Though that was for rsc, i see no reason why they wouldnt have it in rs2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What surprises me most with bans is, that no one has tested or analyzed the system yet. So far, I haven't heard of any experiments with scripts and the way they are programmed. Neither of anyone thoroughly examining the abuse-system in the JAVA code.

It sure would be cool if somehow we made up four categories of test scripts and then used them to gather statistics while they run. Like, randoms encountered, abuse reports sent, and if your character got banned.

The categories could include:

1. Scripts without anti-ban and anti-random, just plain scripts following a simple routine
    2. Advanced Scripts with anti-ban, but no anti-randoms.
    3. Scripts with anti-randoms, but no anti-ban
    4. Expert Scripts with all antis there are

This experiment is close to impossible - the cheating community lacks the resources and people willing to do this, category 4 scripts are ALMOST impossible. There's always a 10% chance that the script doesn't react correctly. However, it can also be done without cat. 4 scripts by using interpolation of cat 3. and 2.

Once we've analyzed the data output from the script, one could cross-referrence which script type received more of a certain kind of random, or randoms in general. One could even include human abuse reports as a factor. This way, we can weigh wether randoms or legit players are more important in the banning process.

Scrutinizing the Java code is a dirty job (besides illegal, you can get sued), but who cares , it has to be done anyhow. Once the report/random/ban system is cracked, we need to react fast, or Jagex will just simply close the holes before we can use them.

EDIT:

Oh, nevermind, SRL has that system now in update 3.6. Automatic random stat submitter... l337!!!

It's been a while... but I'm BACK!!!

naike Guest

Once, I was mining for about 5 hours and got only one random...
    And then one day when my SCAR script was going mad, it just logged out every 1 mins, i had gotten 6 boxes in like 10 mins....
    Personally I never got banned, but I did lose my account several times...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First of all, I am aware that this is a necropost. But I feel that I have useful information.

Secondly, I'm not sure if I am eligible to post in this forum, seeing that I am VERY new. But here's the thing. Check out their privacy statement.

We use cookies, collect and store IP-addresses, alphanumeric IDs and other unique identifiers in order to identify specific computers that access our websites.

We generate and store logs indicating usage of our websites such as activity in our games and public and private chat communications. This includes monitoring play patterns and anti-tamper checks which verify the correct internal operation of our software and are designed to spot abusive or inappropriate activities.

We may track your use of certain features and areas of our websites to help us improve these.

If our client software held on your computer fails, it sends an automatic error report to our server to help us fix it. This error report only includes information about the internal state of our own client software and which browser/java version it is running on. It does not include data from elsewhere on your system and so does not reveal personally identifiable information to us.

We store 'save game' and 'game settings' information to enable us to provide a better games service in which your activities and achievements are remembered in the game and conduct polls to find better ways of serving the needs of our users.
    I have a theory that Jagex is breaking their own private policy because of paranoia, and that they're violating their own contract AS well as a few privacy acts passed by various countries. Anyone care to hear my hypothesis?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information