Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Banning System & Randoms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Banning System & Randoms.

"I am 100% convinced banning is an entirely automated process, that does not involve any human interferance. I have NEVER been reported by anyone. I know that because I log all the chat to a file. I check and save each session. No report, never."
    -WT Fakawi

The exact nature of the banning system is an interesting study. Obviously the better we understand it, the better we can cheat.
    Post your facts here and we will try to sort out how it works... pooling our knowledge together.

Does a failed random event trigger a macro report ? (I think they do)
    If not, what are the randoms for... just time delay?

I used Odie's old autofighter to get a char to lvl 80 on goblins... then one time forgot to set "bury bones" to true. bang... account banned, assumed reported. Til then, no automation had stopped me and the script has no awesome antiban.

RANDOMS: For example. Using Tara's Chicken killer without bone burying... I have not got a single random in 20 hours. Not one. Yet on several occaisions, after killing chickens for 15 minutes or so, the very first bone i bury manually will cause a random to occur.

When Mining, randoms come thick and fast, and sometimes as soon as the first minute... Using similar characters on wizzup's miner, some get banned some don't.

add some facts and thoughts of your own.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, doing construction legit, same process over and over.. no misclicks, ect.. i get randoms every 2-3 minutes.. and this is legit..

sometimes, i will log in and go to do something like teleport.. no walking on anything, but stuff like opening banks, teleporting, trading someone.. even talking to a regular npc..

my main is so buggered with randoms now and i play legit 80% of the time on it..
    Busy with real life. I'll still be around occasionally.
    Current Mood:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, there is something special about fighting that it doesn't register as an 'action' so to speak.

Like you said, if you simply log out every ten minutes, you will almost NEVER get a random if you're only fighting and picking up items. If you stay logged in for more than 30 minutes, you probably will. But, if you try to bury a bone or cook a chicken or do anything else where you're actually changing the the state of items in some way, it triggers random events. If a character has been played for an extended period of time without getting a random, doing something like this will ALWAYS trigger a random event. I have seen it hundreds of times. So, if you've been logged in for 30 minutes in one session, it will probably do it. Or, if you've been logged in for an hour over 10 sessions, it will probably do it. Maybe Strange Boxes are an exception, and we're blocking those by filling the inventory.

I think I remember Fakawi saying that he gets no randoms while walking. Perhaps clicks on the mainscreen/Minimap are invisible to the random generators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I ended up finding a powermining auto'er, while mining legit in rimmington mines. I then decided to do some watching. After about 45 minutes it had only a couple of randoms. I decided to report, once I was positive of it bieng an auto'er. I watched a bit more after the report, and randoms came every couple of minutes. It seems when one gets reported, their randoms come much more often.
    No room for thoughts.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

I think I remember Fakawi saying that he gets no randoms while walking. Perhaps clicks on the mainscreen/Minimap are invisible to the random generators.
    You remember correctly. No randoms while walking. (My Private Draynor Melter can work for 12 hours and not getting any random...)

I think it is roughly based around the principle that bots stood still in the old days. Standing still means inactive, meaning circumventing the auto logout mechaninsms thus triggering Randoms.
    SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba.
    We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

I lost 5 (!) of my Premium Players this week. All on the Lumbridge Swamp Miner. It is a severe blow. Five addyminers/mithsmelters. I had trained them for nearly a year. And now, after I release my swampminer, bang, banning spree.

hm.

Three explanations:

• 1. Jagex has a SCAR-Script Import Module. It analyzes the script, and compares it to stored "previous records", resulting in instant ban.
    • 2. Flagged. The Players (most of them born around the same date) "auto" threshold was filled up. Simply to much, always running two or three scripts on the same spot... No fun, just pure routine these Players where (When I retire I will ask Them how they did it )
    • 3. A mole moderator* runs the Script, understands the pathing and goews hunting Though my ChatLogs do not reveal any moderator, so unless silent reporting is the norm nowadays......

Regarding the Flags. I remember Arayn had the Ability to see if your account was Flagged. Do we still have that ability? I'd be really interesting to know where my other Player are standing.....

* I am sure there are moles all over the place. Naive to think otherwise. We will never find out. A quick mail from an eager youngster applying for runescape moderatorship maybe, who knows. It is inevatible. It is part of the game...
    SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WT-Fakawi
    I lost 5 (!) of my Premium Players this week. All on the Lumbridge Swamp Miner. It is a severe blow. Five addyminers/mithsmelters. I had trained them for nearly a year. And now, after I release my swampminer, bang, banning spree.

hm.

Three explanations:

• 1. Jagex has a SCAR-Script Import Module. It analyzes the script, and compares it to stored "previous records", resulting in instant ban.
    • 2. Flagged. The Players (most of them born around the same date) "auto" threshold was filled up. Simply to much, always running two or three scripts on the same spot... No fun, just pure routine these Players where (When I retire I will ask Them how they did it )
    • 3. A mole moderator* runs the Script, understands the pathing and goews hunting Though my ChatLogs do not reveal any moderator, so unless silent reporting is the norm nowadays......

Regarding the Flags. I remember Arayn had the Ability to see if your account was Flagged. Do we still have that ability? I'd be really interesting to know where my other Player are standing.....

* I am sure there are moles all over the place. Naive to think otherwise. We will never find out. A quick mail from an eager youngster applying for runescape moderatorship maybe, who knows. It is inevatible. It is part of the game...

Ouch... Maybe it had something to do with failed randoms? If not it had to be the routine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

look fakawi, If this is happening, and they are running our code through there systems, It is time for us to take action. We need more technology, Something to interact with scar at the java level... Kricheskoys hybrid. We need to start helping him test it, getting him whatever he needs to get it out asap. If they pass through our code, lets pass through theres. An Eye for an Eye. This has gone too far fawk, We will be resorting to lvl 3's again if we let this stand without taking some action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by db_cheater
    look fakawi, If this is happening, and they are running our code through there systems, It is time for us to take action. We need more technology, Something to interact with scar at the java level... Kricheskoys hybrid. We need to start helping him test it, getting him whatever he needs to get it out asap. If they pass through our code, lets pass through theres. An Eye for an Eye. This has gone too far fawk, We will be resorting to lvl 3's again if we let this stand without taking some action.
    A wise man once said, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Now, I say, let's take both of there eyes that way.. uhh.. They go blind before us! w00t! (STOP 1337 SPEAK)

Wtf is with this popup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WT-Fakawi

hm.

Three explanations:

Fakawi. I believe you have to modify the client in order to tell if your account is flagged. You used to be able to tell if your account is flagged by using the modified clients, but i believe jagex has made it so if you are using a modified client then you are automatically flagged so it would be pointless to check. Either that or they have changed their flagging procedure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Perhaps you should make a sub-forum for new randoms, and people can post ideas/solutions, on how to solve them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default timing.

Another option for you Fakawi... Because more people are using your script... geniune lumby miners are becoming aware of some slight bot like behaviour (funny chat responses, silence, automatic long term mining) and go on a "report player" spree...
    For the record, I personally haven't used your script once, but accept my regrets for the loss of your premiums... a sad day.

I'm fairly convinced a lot of weight in the banning system comes from player abuse reports.
    I had zero bannage from 10 Aryan bots , but i never used them stupidly or obviously. those 10 bots all got above lvl 50 mining within 3 nites... and none were banned. I have to think they survived because zero macro reports were made against them. smart use of picks, clothes, lvl's and rock types. etc.

Another experiment I have been doing: act as botlike as you can! and see how the system and other players respond... this is still to be confirmed...
    but I found that the biggest increaser in randoms (when other players weren't around) was when the mouse was often stationary for a few seconds... ie. move, click. stop... move click stop. When I reduced the stops and everything else was kept the same... far less randoms. This makes sense, since an active human players hand usually remains on the mouse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default The Mouse.

Can the banning system even be triggered by mouse movement?? - proof ?

If "yes"
    DOES IT TAKE
    a) a limited range of motion to trigger it (eg. powerminer)
    b) certain consistent fast mouse speed?
    c) lack of randomness in the motion (mouse doesn't miss or overshoot.)
    d) mouse clicking certain colors. (any evidence for this?)

Obviously if the above aren't true, our scripts could be a lot more efficient by not having to consider these effects.

speed? or just repetitive/cyclic mouse movement (like hovering over one spot for a long time.)

case study: I have had two chars stuck in the frog cave for a long time (1 hour) with the mouse hovering over where the inventory bag usually is... one was banned, the other survived, exactly same mouse movement. the main difference... by recording chat logs... the one who was banned had been in an obvious spot within the cave and a few people talked to him, asking why he wasn't talking/ what he was doing --> assumed abuse report.

I still propose the emphasis in the banning system is on randoms and reports recieved... since i've had players survive tremendous amounts of time in the game non-stop.

Case study 2:Fakawi's leet miners that got banned...I firmly think he was done in by an abuse report... maybe even an SRL user, who knew his world and rough player lvls as well as the script... they say there is no honor among thieves.

I don't think his players reached a not-enough-fun threshold or were too repetive.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

I am told there are 10 Blackmarks in RuneScape. Blackmarks are flags that are marked on your Player for suspicious behaviour. Getting enough Blackmarks inevatibly leads to a ban. Now, what are these BlackMarks exactly, and when do you recieve them while Macroing?

1. Repetition. Too much, too long the same walk over and over again. No matter how long the walk or how much you respond to your environment, if you are always doing the same thing, you will be BlackMarked and banned in the long run.
    2. Getting Stuck. Getting inside a loop is a baad thing. Repetitive clicking for hours with one Player will trigger many BlackMarks and will get you banned within three weeks.
    3. Reported. A Human Abuse Report will most probably set a BlackMark.
    4. No Fun. A tricky definition. Bots never actually ever play RS. They have very limited sight of their surroundings. Though they blend in, they obviously "miss" something. Maybe a little randomness, an X-Factor.
    5. Human Behaviour: See Below.

Here are the 12 Human Abuses:

1. Offensive language
    2. Item scamming
    3. Password scamming
    4. Bug abuse
    5. Jagex staff impersonation
    6. Account sharing/trading
    7. Macroing
    8. Multiple logging in
    9. Encouraging other to break rules
    10. Misuse of cutomer support
    11. Advertising/website
    12. Real world item trading
    13. Asking for personal details

But these dont interest me, since I dont break most of their rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Where did you get that information Fakawi?? Looks cool!

Also, you hardly ever get randoms in long walking scripts, I have never encountered a random while running my Willow Buyer+Banker!
    SRL Developer
    ◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Someone awhile back (Can't remember who) told me that when you send an abuse report, what's going on in your java client (Seeing what your seeing) is recorded for like a minute or something...Now I dunno if it's true but if it is that kinda sucks. That means they can see everything your doing, while you do it, for an entire minute and you would never know...I dunno how they knew this though, may have just been a rumour. Just thought I would contribute.
    "I get bored." - Chino Moreno of Deftones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

looks good

Dont Steal..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i am cetain that the mods or custermer service have sumting to do with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well i know a way to see the blackmarks or the "flags" of today. go to the rs homepage. go down and the heading Account Recovery is at the botom Appeal an Offence/Ban click it login and it tells you your offences and you can apeal the offences. Hope that helps autoers out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eludis
    Someone awhile back (Can't remember who) told me that when you send an abuse report, what's going on in your java client (Seeing what your seeing) is recorded for like a minute or something...Now I dunno if it's true but if it is that kinda sucks. That means they can see everything your doing, while you do it, for an entire minute and you would never know...I dunno how they knew this though, may have just been a rumour. Just thought I would contribute.
    Note: This is completely true. When you report abuse the PAST 20-60 seconds of activity is sent with the report so Jagex can confirm the abuse. It's a fail-safe against false reporting. That is why player-reports bring so many bans.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just as a follow up to my previous post about triggering randoms...

Over the last few days I have picked up some of my characters after long periods of autoing and told people to 'watch me pop a random'.

As soon as I try to cook a chicken with such a character, bang. A random shows up. Every time. Of course that only works one time per player, but I did this on several players on several different servers. Some people thought I had hacked Runescape and that I could pop randoms at will. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, Failed randoms = investigation. EXAMPLE. I was actually mining in the wildy the other day, And I was just watching it go(Wizzups pminer) and I saw it fail a random(Frog) So then I assisted it, within the next 30 minuets(sp?) I had a player mod come up to me and say ' Hello ?' So I quickly typed, Hiya !... Then we had a nice little chat about how good rune used to be back in Rsc . Anyways, Yep, failed randoms usually lead to investigations. At least in my case it did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

pmod in wildy? rofl I kill those hahahha, yesterday I killed like 5 of them mwhahahahahhaha!!!

I eat pmods for dinner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pmods have nothing to do with randoms failing. If you fail a random you get flagged. Same flagged that happend with aryan it just detected it and let you know. That pmod just so happend to be walking by at the time. Theres around 1500 pmods now.

After you are flagged it watches mouse movements, and what colors you click etc. Thats how they tell you are cheating. Then the system bans you. All automated. Then you get 1 ban appeal then back to automated replys. This is why if you log and and see your autoing has failed a random then you had better legit for awhile. At least till your no longer flagged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This might be useful. 4 weeks ago I auto-alched my main while watching a movie.
    I fell asleep and the script screw up about 30minutes later according to the log.

Well 6 hours later the clockalarm woke me up.. 5 ½ hours of empty clickin....
    Still my account has 0 blackmarks, what i actually did was play legit for 1 hour straight after the empty-clicking on the same session (i didn't log out).

Not sure but it somehow saved the account, for well a 7 days ban.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information