Thread: Can someone please create a tutorial with detailed instructions for Vista users..PLZ!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Can someone please create a tutorial with detailed instructions for Vista users..PLZ!

I know that sounds like a lot, but i just cannot get this to work, and everyone else seems to be having a great time and i am so frustrated.. please..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What do you want to know? How to install scar and SRL 4, or know how to script? I'm pretty sure they're the same for whatever operating system out there...
    Sp0rk-eh Forums!- The BEST Runescape Black Market on the net... and more!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

im interested in this as well. I'm prepping a few systems to be booted over to Vista Ultimate(got it from a friend who used to work for an electronic store.) I'd hate to not be able to do anything about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well look, there is nothing really tricky about vista. When installing scar, let it have permsion to install (duh),

other than that everyhting is stright foreward, and you should have no problem folowing xp instructions.

if you run into trouble with vista, pm me.
    [IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2120/2052732965_348f3629d0_o.jpg[/IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well i have had lots of problems with installing scar on vista, i have clicked run as administrator on winRAR and i can move the files, but when i do, they show up with the winRAR symbol next to the name, not a file folder, and then when i run Scar 3.11 it says that certain folders do not exist. It wont let me replace or overwrite the core, skills and misc files in the old SRL directory in the SCAR. folder. It just adds them in there as a huge .rar file with the winRAR symbol next to it? Its really confusing me. Ive asked lots of people but no one really knows what I mean. I think most people dont have Vista so they really dont know what im talking about.

So that's why I was wondering if maybe someone could create a tutorial for Vista users.. Sorry. I understand its asking a lot though so its no big deal. Thanks for your time, i guess ill just have to give up on autoing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

uh... I've never had a problem with winrar under vista.
    On the other hand, though, I auto on XP, and the Vista computer isn't really mine, so I can't help you there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I run vista and I'm fine with running SCAR and SRL. The only thing I needed to do different was to run as admin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hm.. ill try deleting all the files and starting from scratch then i guess. thanks for all the tips everyone. if anyone else has any advice to offer, id appreciate it very much, thanks

Thread Information