Thread: Bot Stats mobile app

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Default Bot Stats mobile app

Hey everyone, I'm looking to make a simple mobile application that grabs information from a web server of some sort, but I'm not really sure where to begin. Basically, I want to send status reports and stat updates to a server and then pull the information from an app on my phone. I believe some of this functionality already exists, as we used to have stat information on bots back in the day.

Could anyone guide me in the right direction to get started?

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

You didn't mention the phone type? The phone's OS?
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    You didn't mention the phone type? The phone's OS?
    well I have an android phone, but if enough people were interested, I'd be more than happy to make something for iOS as well.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

So it looks like I can use OpenSSL to send updates to an HTTP server. Would it be a bad idea to host an http server on my local network? I have a Mac Mini that I run plex server off of and it's up pretty much 24/7. The only thing I should need to do after setup is configure my network to allow incoming connections to the server. What's the best way to filter connections with credentials? I was thinking of using some sort of pairing code that each dev could generate for themselves in order to keep all of the script's stats separated.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by klamor View Post
    So it looks like I can use OpenSSL to send updates to an HTTP server. Would it be a bad idea to host an http server on my local network? I have a Mac Mini that I run plex server off of and it's up pretty much 24/7. The only thing I should need to do after setup is configure my network to allow incoming connections to the server. What's the best way to filter connections with credentials? I was thinking of using some sort of pairing code that each dev could generate for themselves in order to keep all of the script's stats separated.
    No, I've ran grats.pw off of my local network for 17 years without issues. https://stats.grats.pw/

I had a name & password for every user

a user can create a script

a script can have 'variables'

anyone can upload those variables to that 'script' saying they did whatever

your upload owuld be like ['name','password','scriptID','var1,var2,var3,var4, var5,var6'] or something

there's not much of a way to verify if they actually did that work, but it's their false data they're making for themselves so not really something that matters.
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grats View Post
    there's not much of a way to verify if they actually did that work, but it's their false data they're making for themselves so not really something that matters.
    well my plan is to have an include with functions that upload the data automatically.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by klamor View Post
    well my plan is to have an include with functions that upload the data automatically.
    Yea we had that, I think you can look at old versions of flight's plugin thing or any hoodz scripts with old versions, they all had stats stuff.
    That still doesn't verify your data though, it's not possible to verify if a bot truly did what it's reporting to the stats page, but as I said it doesn't matter really.

That'd be equivalent to you telling your bank how much money you make & them taking your word for it.
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

yea, at this point, I'm not really concerned with abusive data unless someone deliberately attempts to overwork/load the server, but seeing as the community is the size that it is, I don't see many people other than myself using this anyways.

Thread Information