Thread: Copy and pasting from excel into another program.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Copy and pasting from excel into another program.

How do i go about doing this? Let's say i want to copy the text in A1 using ctrl+c and paste it into another program using ctrl+v. Can't use the mouse copy and paste for this. I know how to move the mouse and all that but what I can't figure out is how to copy and paste using keys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I use presskey(67);. The Number in the brackets is the keycode. 67 is c. 86 is v. All the codes can be found in this thread if you scroll down a few posts. https://villavu.com/forum/showthread...t=vk_constants

To hold down the ctrl key I think you would use KeyDown(17); and then KeyUp(17); once you want to stop holding control.

Use the search for the function list on the left of simba to search for this kinda stuff. Just search keyboard or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you, your method worked. I was using the codes from the simba 1.2 documentation and they weren't working. Are they wrong or was I using them wrong?

docs.villavu.com/simba/scriptref/keyboard.html#scriptref-virtualkeys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Your welcome. I think the codes in 1.2 are just wrong. The latest Simba is version 1.3 which you are probably using. My best guess is that they had their own numbering system in 1.2 but now they have switched to ASCII codes which are used more generally.

Thread Information