Thread: Using Simba for uses other than Runescape

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Default Using Simba for uses other than Runescape

So my workplace is going to be implementing BluePrism in the next couple months for workflow automation. By some miracle, someone from HR remembered that I had experience writing botting scripts so I was nominated as an SME (lol). I haven't done any RPA in a few years so I'd like to brush up using Simba by automating various maps in Diablo 2 (cow, baal, etc).

I know that it's possible to use Simba for general purpose automation with the "select a target client" button but I've never actually seen anyone discuss actually using it. Is there a guide on how this works? I imagine since it's no longer Runescape related, I would have to write my own libraries right?

On a side note, it's great to see that the Simba updates have continued since I was last visited. You never really realize how special a place is until you take a break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

You'd have to write your own code for interacting with the Diablo interface, yes, but you could still use some of SRLs stuff. IE color finding, DTMs, types/type extensions, etc. Most of that stuff is in the SRL/shared directory: github dot com/SRL/SRL/tree/master/shared

There isn't a guide on how targeting works in Simba afaik, but you could dig around Simba/SRLs source. If you mean you don't know how to target a window manually using Simba, then let me explain; it's quite simple... Click the lil target/crosshair button in the editor, then click the window you want to target. Doing it automatically is a bit harder, there's some code in SRL that might shed some light on that though: github dot com/SRL/SRL/blob/master/osr/rsclient.simba#L50

After this post i'll actually be able to post links reeeeee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluecereal View Post
    You'd have to write your own code for interacting with the Diablo interface, yes, but you could still use some of SRLs stuff. IE color finding, DTMs, types/type extensions, etc. Most of that stuff is in the SRL/shared directory: github dot com/SRL/SRL/tree/master/shared

There isn't a guide on how targeting works in Simba afaik, but you could dig around Simba/SRLs source. If you mean you don't know how to target a window manually using Simba, then let me explain; it's quite simple... Click the lil target/crosshair button in the editor, then click the window you want to target. Doing it automatically is a bit harder, there's some code in SRL that might shed some light on that though: github dot com/SRL/SRL/blob/master/osr/rsclient.simba#L50

here ya go: https://github.com/SRL/SRL/tree/master/shared https://github.com/SRL/SRL/blob/mast...ient.simba#L50

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluecereal View Post

Interesting. So I guess the crosshair icon to interface Simba and the D2 client. From there I can only imagine it would be a billion DTMs and CTS references lol. Maybe I should pick an easier project.

Thread Information