Thread: RS3 object highlighting

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Default RS3 object highlighting

Has anyone seen this yet? This could potentially be a game changer for color finding in RS3.

https://www.facebook.com/RuneScape/v...0071367117654/

Sorry for the Facebook link, but I couldn't find a jagex page about it.

What is everyone's thoughts?

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

It is interesting, but I haven't had a real need for it yet... because my object finding is so amazing. Or because I've only been doing easy to find objects take your pick. I could see it as a good confirmation though for sure.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaman88 View Post
    It is interesting, but I haven't had a real need for it yet... because my object finding is so amazing. Or because I've only been doing easy to find objects take your pick. I could see it as a good confirmation though for sure.
    Asha! Any cool scripts you've written? I have a solidly working Arch script (I'm 110+ Arch) as well as a construction script that I got 120 with, but that's all I've been doing.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Asha! Any cool scripts you've written? I have a solidly working Arch script (I'm 110+ Arch) as well as a construction script that I got 120 with, but that's all I've been doing.
    I'm doing Arch as well, but you've got the head start on me ha! Only in the 70's currently. Too lazy to script for every new spot so I've just camped a new one every 10 levels or so

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

snip
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    snip
    What are you guys using for rs3, simba 1.1 + parts of srl6? (I assume it doesn't work out the box)

I'm thinking of messing around with some rs3 scripting, but not sure what the best starting points would be.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    What are you guys using for rs3, simba 1.1 + parts of srl6? (I assume it doesn't work out the box)

I'm thinking of messing around with some rs3 scripting, but not sure what the best starting points would be.
    Vanilla Simba + the latest SRL include. Most of the functionality doesn't work well, but MouseOverText works pretty well. Because of the whole variance in user interfaces, I use predefined bounds for interfaces (like Inventory/Chatbox/etc..).
    Code in a few human like mistakes in your script and you should be good to go. You can dm me on Discord if you need more info.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

I did a few things:
    - updated srl6 to work with simba 1.3 or whatever the latest one was.
    - updated srl6 to work with the classic interface or w/e
    - updated srl6 to work with my screen size. Some cases I cheated like Sin and just used some static coords since it's only for my screen size/layout.

I also haven't fully updated the include, but only those sections that I'm using... like currently haven't needed to use banking in any scripts but assume i'll eventually have to update it... but inventory functions are all updated

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

I did a few things:
    - updated srl6 to work with simba 1.3 or whatever the latest one was.
    - updated srl6 to work with the classic interface or w/e
    - updated srl6 to work with my screen size. Some cases I cheated like Sin and just used some static coords since it's only for my screen size/layout.

I also haven't fully updated the include, but only those sections that I'm using... like currently haven't needed to use banking in any scripts but assume i'll eventually have to update it... but inventory functions are all updated
    this is exactly what I have done as well, although there's a few functions over in unofficial dev forums with dynamic finding. https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118162

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Interesting! I want to get my max cape back, but I refuse to do all the clickertyclick. Eversince the oldschool interface was removed, I haven't been able to get back to scripting. You guys give me hope
    SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba.
    We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by klamor View Post
    this is exactly what I have done as well, although there's a few functions over in unofficial dev forums with dynamic finding. https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118162
    Hi Klamor, I made my version for NXT and Sibma 1.3 public, it is on github. Allows for dynamic interfaces on those that i have updated so far.
    SPS also works with any size possible (atleast of the sizes i tested).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Thomas, Mind sharing it with me mate?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiaan View Post
    Thomas, Mind sharing it with me mate?
    he said it on his github or also in discord. if you dig hard enough it shouldn't be to hard to find. id google something alonbg the lines of "github thomas nxt simba 1.3" or something along those lines and see what happens. if that fails go try discord
    >:)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

I'm doing Arch as well, but you've got the head start on me ha! Only in the 70's currently. Too lazy to script for every new spot so I've just camped a new one every 10 levels or so
    Got RS3 working using the updates Thomas provided. Working on an Arch scrip but was curious what the logic of yours looks like. Do you just sit near a deposit box, drop all soil and basically just look for the white bar, auto drop soil with key bind and deposit into box when full inventory? Then actually repair all the found artifact things manually?

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nkd2009 View Post
    Got RS3 working using the updates Thomas provided. Working on an Arch scrip but was curious what the logic of yours looks like. Do you just sit near a deposit box, drop all soil and basically just look for the white bar, auto drop soil with key bind and deposit into box when full inventory? Then actually repair all the found artifact things manually?
    That's pretty much it exactly. With the logic nailed down, I just swap out the colors of the cart/mound every time I switch to a new spot. I only really switch to spots where you can see the cart and the mounds on the screen at the same time. Like not worth it to navigate doors and such - although I did a few for fun. Basically each time I unlock a new spot I go see if it's close to the cart and if so then switch over to that spot. Very close to 99 ATM. I can share the basic logic if you would like?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

That's pretty much it exactly. With the logic nailed down, I just swap out the colors of the cart/mound every time I switch to a new spot. I only really switch to spots where you can see the cart and the mounds on the screen at the same time. Like not worth it to navigate doors and such - although I did a few for fun. Basically each time I unlock a new spot I go see if it's close to the cart and if so then switch over to that spot. Very close to 99 ATM. I can share the basic logic if you would like?
    That would be awesome. I got to the second spot and slightly changed my logic since there is a bank so close to the dig spot. Basically using case to determine 1 of 4 action states. Up (at bank) with full backpack, up with not full backpack, down with full and down without full. Each 1 kicks of a function that either banks, goes back down, gathers, or goes back up. BUT i dont think that will work at any other spot since the bank positioning is so clutch. You can see the bank, entrance and mound (underground) all from the screen so it makes it super easy. Would love to see your logic for the original drop method that i will re employ at other spots. The ease of use with dropping is just to nice to pass on haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Completely off-topic. When looking at the commits for Thomas' SRL I see a commit to make it compatible with Simba 1400. Simba 1400???
    Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bixby Sayz View Post
    Completely off-topic. When looking at the commits for Thomas' SRL I see a commit to make it compatible with Simba 1400. Simba 1400???
    https://github.com/ollydev/SimbaDevelopment/releases

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Ty. I found it completely by accident on my own.

1400 doesn't seem to like SRL include. Don't have much luck with 1206 either. Only version that seems to like SRL include is 1302 for me. All of which is completely off-topic to this thread. My apologies for the thread hijack.
    Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

is anyone still working with RS3? I tried to update to Simba1.3 and Thomas' SRL6.9, but i'm getting weird plugin errors.
    Code:
    ERROR: Plugin "libtesseract2_" not found at line 10, column 11 in file "C:\simba 1.3\Includes\SRL-6.9-master\lib\core\tesseract.simba"
    I'd like to get back into scripting my AIO system if I can get up and running again

Thread Information