Thread: Tutorial Island Runner

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Default Tutorial Island Runner

Thought it would be nice for there to be a working Tutorial Island runner.

The script is 100% color. It's a bunch of If-Then statements and repeat loops slapped together. It uses remoteInput to handle the mouse and keyboard inputs. It utilizes RSWalker quite a bit for player walking and marking. It also uses Flights mouse function found in his AeroLib include.

The script is currently 90% functional. Meaning that it's more than likely that you press play, come back in 15 minutes and your player is in Lumby. But there are times where you could get stuck due to two issues. There are a bunch of points within the script that you can retrace your player back to and the script should be able to resume without issues.

Issue 1:
    The flashing yellow arrow that the script uses to interact with NPC's and objects. Occasionally there needs to be an X amount of tries before it successfully finds the arrow because the arrow flashes quite a bit AND the NPC guides move quite a lot.

Issue 2:
    OCR. The script utilizes chatbox text and uptext a lot. OCR (the method we use to recognize text) unfortunately has been buggy. So sometimes, it breaks randomly mid script. I put in enough loops and compass movements into the script that it eventually unbreaks and the script resumes. In the case it fails to do so just restart Simba.

Simba and SRL setup:

Use RemoteInput. While SMART is supported it's better to use remoteInput and that's the option by default.
    Latest Simba + Latest SRL.
    RSWalker
    This tutorial is handy if you need more help setting up Simba, SRL, and RSWalker properly.
    But use the Simba download from the link I posted above.
    Add the attahced images below to your Maps folder found in the RSwalker folder.
    If RSWalker is not working for you or while compiling it says there's msissing files, use this RSwalker.zip.
    If when compiling it says you're missing chars, download this and place inside your fonts folder within your Simba folder.

Script setup:
    Create your new account on Runescape.com. Login to OSRS and setup your username and player look+outfit.
    Talk to the Gielinor guide and make sure you click fixed screen. Also make sure your zoom is at 50% and brightness at 100%.
    Then walk your player outside the guides room and press play.
    Example:

I tried to have the script do all the above by default but the initial resizable screen throws a bunch of stuff off and I cbf.

Anyways comment below if there's any issues. I've just made 10 accounts in a row in the past 3 hours.

I also know my scripting standards suck and I know there's a bunch of stuff that's repeated and could be coded better .

Credits:
    Olly for his latest Simba builds.
    Slacky for his RSwalker.
    Brandon for remoteInput.
    Flight for his mouse functions.

Updated on May 14 2020. Something changed in the Friends tab so detection for that tab broke. Confirmed the script is working again.

tutUnderground.pngtutIsland.png
    kingstutIsland.simba
    Last edited by kingarabian; 05-15-2020 at 02:07 AM.
    Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)

Love it, rep++

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)

This is absolutely sick, I didn't think it'd be possible. Kudos my friend.

I had some issues with OCR as well, my script would randomly blow out. Saw this happen when I used any of the TRSShopScreen functionality. Using srl.findtext fixed that for me though.

How did you grab the map by the way? SRLWalker mapgrabber.simba does not seem to work for me as of late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

nice this is epic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

hey how do i use this with SMART?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by luckorskill View Post
    hey how do i use this with SMART?
    Just include it at the top.
    Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

The script gives me an error Duplicate declaration "ReflectionArrayType" at line 1, column 1 in file "!addGlobalType::ReflectionArrayType" at line 1, column 11 in file "C:\Simba\Includes\SRL\osr\remoteinput.simba"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

I'll take a look and see if this still works lol.

Thread Information