Thread: (Very) Simple Reflection Setup for Beginners

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Default (Very) Simple Reflection Setup for Beginners

Reflection Setup (January 2021)

Hello, and welcome to my (hopefully brief) tutorial on downloading, installing and configuring Simba with Reflection for OSRS! I struggled to get my own installation to work and I've been around here for a long time so I figured I would help make Reflection more accessible to the general public. Since there's no need to pontificate further, let's get started!

Downloading the right Simba

As I mentioned, I had a hard time getting everything working my first time. The solution to this problem was to download the correct Simba, as many tutorials here are outdated and link to versions that aren't functional with Reflection. Download Simba here (credit to Olly) and put it somewhere safe (i.e. Documents, it avoids read-only issues) within its own folder. Launch Simba and it will autogenerate some files and folders so it is best to have a separate folder for it.

Repositories

We have Simba now - great! Now we need the libraries containing OSRS specific code, and it couldn't be easier to install. Simba comes with a very handy package manager that will handle any and all updates automatically!

(NOTE: This tutorial will not include SRL installation as there is already a great tutorial on that)

Click on the package manager button found next to the trash can icon (also known as ClearDebug). Near the top-left of the window that opens is a plus sign (+), click it and then copy-paste the link below.

Code:
    https://github.com/Brandon-T/Reflection
    When the window is done loading everything in, click install on the bottom right and close the package manager once it is finished!

...And you're done! The biggest hurdle I had was getting the correct version of Simba. Run the code below and if it compiles you're ready to launch your Oldschool client and have fun!

Simba Code:
    program refTest;
    {$I Reflection/Reflection.simba}  

begin
    end.
    Last edited by Goobs; 01-31-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

(Reserved for FAQs and other information)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

stupid question. whats the official maintenance of OSR reflection include?

currently using OSR include on villavu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

I thought reflection was gone a long time ago? What have I missed?
    Jesus loves you

Thread Information