Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: questions about rs3 bot detection - keystrokes

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Question questions about rs3 bot detection - keystrokes

    Hi dear users,

    I have questions about rs3 keystroke detection:

    - Is there a difference between scripting virtual keystrokes (vs physically pressing them)? Is this detected?
    - Does the time matter that a key is 'held down' and is this worth implementing? (versus just sending keystrokes with 0 press-down delay)
    - What do you need to look out for when trying to make keystrokes less detectable?

    Any help is appreciated!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    5,225
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chicken89 View Post
    Hi dear users,

    I have questions about rs3 keystroke detection:

    - Is there a difference between scripting virtual keystrokes (vs physically pressing them)? Is this detected?
    - Does the time matter that a key is 'held down' and is this worth implementing? (versus just sending keystrokes with 0 press-down delay)
    - What do you need to look out for when trying to make keystrokes less detectable?

    Any help is appreciated!
    - yes, no not detectable.
    - yes, time matters
    - how do you normally type?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by footballjds View Post
    - yes, no not detectable.
    - yes, time matters
    - how do you normally type?
    Thank you for your answer. To follow up, do you think that computer-generated randomness is detectable? And are there ways to make computer-generated randomness less detectable? I read somewhere that over time computer-generated randomness results in detectable patterns.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    5,225
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chicken89 View Post
    Thank you for your answer. To follow up, do you think that computer-generated randomness is detectable? And are there ways to make computer-generated randomness less detectable? I read somewhere that over time computer-generated randomness results in detectable patterns.
    Is there a way to detect computer-generated randomness
    That's a tough question to unpack. Yes and No is the short answer.

    Be careful when creating loops. Don't have behavior that is a repeating pattern over long periods of time.
    Last edited by footballjds; 04-16-2021 at 02:38 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by footballjds View Post
    Is there a way to detect computer-generated randomness
    That's a tough question to unpack. Yes and No is the short answer.

    Be careful when creating loops. Don't have behavior that is a repeating pattern over long periods of time.
    Thank you for your very helpful answers. Why can virtual keystrokes not be detected?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    5,225
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chicken89 View Post
    Thank you for your very helpful answers. Why can virtual keystrokes not be detected?
    has to do with how the client receives input and how your PC sends input to it.

    A USB keyboard doesn't have "extra" data to "send along" per-se.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •