Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Srl-osr

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Default Srl-osr

Howdy everyone, long time no visit! I have a bit of free time on my hands so I've a desire to write some (OSRS) scripts for the community. I see SRL-OSR has been maintained and the progress Olly and the others have made: wow! It's amazing work from what I've seen so far, but it's really a shame there's no more members utilizing it, publicly at least. So to those still maintaining the include: is the development branch stable for use? Would it be an issue to start writing & releasing work based off of this? Before it's suggested, I am aware of SRL's Discord, however I plan to communicate exclusively here on the forums.

With that being said I'm looking forward to getting back into scripting for the community and learning as I go. Bear with me as I'm rusty and certainly no programmer.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Would it be an issue to start writing & releasing work based off of this? Before it's suggested, I am aware of SRL's Discord, however I plan to communicate exclusively here on the forums.
    I LOVE this! It makes it much easier to track things over time. I do not live on discord...

I've successfully been using SRL-OSR and simba 1400. However, i've had to make custom 1-2 line changes every several months to deal with small UI changes implemented by Jagex in-game.

I'll be closely following the progress. If you'd like help with anything at all please let me know. I have a lot of time on my hands over the next week.

Nice to see you around!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Nice plan

All the things in the development branch work well. Post on here if there's anything I can contribute to.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

I appreciate the offers for guidance. I'm certain I'll be picking your brains here soon. I've begun working with the include and writing some simple things here and there; what a difference from AeroLib. Once I get to a sufficient level of comfortability I'll make some threads to see what kind of scripts / features are in high demand these days. Perhaps do some surfing on neighboring bot communities to see where the demand is highest.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

I think to get the forums active we need to update OSR-SRL so it works with the latest updates to the game. Then we can update the sticky that guides users on how to setup and install SIMBA/SRL

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

I haven't been scripting in awhile, but for a bit I was using runelite to help with my personal scripts. They have (or at least had) some very nice tools that help with color. For instance instead of doing the work detecting if you were woodcutting, they put a nice box in green text if you are currently woodcutting and it switches to red when you stop. Simple color detection there!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaman88 View Post
    I haven't been scripting in awhile, but for a bit I was using runelite to help with my personal scripts
    RuneLite is a blessing! You can mark NPC's "hull", you can mark specific drops/value, You can customize the in-game chat alerts, etc. etc.

When can we update OSR-SRL and the instructions for botting? I'm always down to write scripts.

EDIT:
    is this setup guide "current"
    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118223
    Last edited by footballjds; 05-25-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

I've been using below to safespot range semi-afk using the green 'in combat' box thing. Just change uptext to whatever I'm targeting with a low camera angle. This uses SRL-development

Simba Code:
    program new;
    {$i SRL/osr.simba}
    var
      FSlots: TBoxArray;
      fbounds: tbox;
      i, j, k,l,m,x,y,timer: integer;
      BMP: TMufasaBitmap;
      mouseloc, mouseloc2, mouseloc3: tpoint;
        failsafe: tstopwatch;
    begin
      repeat
        if not findcolortolerance(x, y, 3377414, 4,20,100, 125,20) and mainscreen.IsUpText('ran') then
         begin
         waitex(300,80);
             if not findcolortolerance(x, y, 3377414, 4,20,100, 125,20) and mainscreen.IsUpText('ran') then
          begin
            mouse.click(1);
            waituntil(findcolortolerance(x, y, 3377414, 4,20,100, 125,20),50,300000);
            writeln('foundcolor timer');
            waituntil(not findcolortolerance(x, y, 3377414, 4,20,100, 125,20),50,300000);
            writeln('notfoundcolortimer');
            wait(5000,5900,wdleft);
          end;
        end;
      until (false)
    end.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footballjds View Post
    I think to get the forums active we need to update OSR-SRL so it works with the latest updates to the game. Then we can update the sticky that guides users on how to setup and install SIMBA/SRL
    Which part of SRL-OSR is not currently functioning? Aside from the recent Clans update that is.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

The SRL-OSR plugin is amazing. Have yet to use it though; I actually ended up writing my own janky include, the base of which was inspired by Aerolib. Managed to finally bot an account to max with it

Runelite/OpenOSRS are amazing when it comes to colour finding/information etc, but with some of the functions in SRL I find they certainly arent needed.

Glad to see you back in action and I look foward to seeing some of your content

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    The SRL-OSR plugin is amazing. Have yet to use it though; I actually ended up writing my own janky include, the base of which was inspired by Aerolib. Managed to finally bot an account to max with it

Runelite/OpenOSRS are amazing when it comes to colour finding/information etc, but with some of the functions in SRL I find they certainly arent needed.

Glad to see you back in action and I look foward to seeing some of your content
    Yes indeed. At least for the time being I'll stick to utilizing Runelite due to it's useful functions that can happily coexist with a color-based include. Also the fact that it's widely used amongst players may make it safer to use, depending on one's views towards client detection.

As far as SRL-OSR goes, works great for me so far. Reflection-style item-finding, fast and accurate positioning (not to mention an amazing web-walker), accurate MS object-finding routines, all tools to make scripter's job much easier. ASyncMouse + assigning finder procedures to RSWalker's walking event makes for a potent object-tracking system. Combining these two I've made a nifty master farmer picker, and it lays a path forward to creating an efficient combat script. Coupled with SRL-OSR's web-walker (would need to be multiple stage) and obstacle handling, a universal Slayer script (one of my ultimate goals) is certainly within reach.

One downside I've noticed at this point is the incompatibility of ASyncMouse & a (remote I guess?) input like KInput or PInput. Anywho, so far I've made basic versions of: a master farmer picker, a handful of mining scripts (Mining guild/TzHaar), minnow fisher (for the time being requires Runelite), fishing guild fisher, Rogues' Den cooker, Edgeville jewelry crafter, blast furnace smelter (currently requires Runelite), and a simple splasher/alcher/super-heater. All quite primitive at this point and need much polishing before release, such as multiple safeguards and fail safes for integrity, easy user interface such as start-up forms, attractive reporting (on-screen, ect...), and perhaps user config files.

A script manager and community script repo would be fantastic. But with so few users (that I know of) at this point in time it's a moot point. First thing's first, to revitalize the community we'll need to start putting out some public scripts, up-to-date user guides and scripting tutorials alike. I'd really love to see the place get back to its glory days.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Which part of SRL-OSR is not currently functioning? Aside from the recent Clans update that is.
    What github url are you using? The one i have hasn't seen an update in a few years.

There's lots of minor things, I do not remember them all.
    spec attack orb color change
    prayer orb color change
    etc.

and as you mentioned, the clan update moved the 'ALL' chat option a few pixels, which breaks our isLoggedIn function.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

What github url are you using? The one i have hasn't seen an update in a few years.

There's lots of minor things, I do not remember them all.
    spec attack orb color change
    prayer orb color change
    etc.

and as you mentioned, the clan update moved the 'ALL' chat option a few pixels, which breaks our isLoggedIn function.
    Olly's development branch of SRL-OSR.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

@Flight; do you have discord? if so message me

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Hitting the ground running mate, nice work.

I will probably join you when group Ironman becomes a thing and jump back on the RS bandwagon haha.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

I will probably join you when group Ironman becomes a thing and jump back on the RS bandwagon haha.
    just leaving a contribution-less comment here to say:

I'm excited thinking about the future

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodz View Post
    @Flight; do you have discord? if so message me
    I'm afraid I don't mate. But you're more than welcome to shoot me a PM here if you'd prefer. I try to hop on daily at least.

Good choice. I vaguely remember what it's like to play non-metallic account; not rewarding personally. However writing scripts with metallic players in mind presents its own inherited hurdles, such as handling ground items / drops from specific NPC. It's do-able obviously, but challenging. My advice would be begin that journey now, so when group ironman mode is released, your scripts are fully functioning, giving you a generous head start.

just leaving a contribution-less comment here to say:

I'm excited thinking about the future
    There's always hope and potential here. We've seen time after time that SRL will continue to overcome updates to the game and bot-detection. We have the advantage, and make no mistake the hard part is already behind us. The tools at our disposal (Simba/SRL-OSR/numerous plugins) present a clear path forward, the rest is up to the community, should we have the ambition (and time).

Current projects:

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

@Flight,

I have time and ambition. Feel like we need to draw more daily forum traffic before Wizzup? pulls the plug...

That means:
    - setup guides
    - intro scripting guides
    - noob friendly
    - leach friendly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)

Glad to see some life on the forums.

@footballjds; why do you think Wizzup? would pull the plug?
    Finished B.S. Program in Radiology!!

Projects: A big one! Total secret! hehe

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Element17 View Post
    Glad to see some life on the forums.

@footballjds; why do you think Wizzup? would pull the plug?
    if you were paying to host something that got no traffic for 2 years what would you do?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)

Fair enough.
    Finished B.S. Program in Radiology!!

Projects: A big one! Total secret! hehe

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Well I stand corrected. ASyncMouse does indeed work smoothly with RemoteInput, however RemoteInput only seems to work on the official client; not Runelite and I've not yet tried OpenOSRS. I did however notice some issues using WindowOverlay with RemoteInput as well as HPBars (and possibly HitSplashes?) not correctly being detected. A simple adjustment to the colors and this issue is solved.

Yes we certainly need to drive up the traffic around here. Once we have some more stable scripts put out and clearly, easy-to-follow setup guides I could do a bit of advertising elsewhere. To get more people writing scripts we certainly need updated tutorials.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Cool, people using it

Beware though: Your scripts will probably break sometimes. I don't care about backwards compatibility at this current stage. Hense why it isn't "released" and is named "srl-development".

Though nothing major should change, but if it does I will let you know here.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Cool, people using it

Beware though: Your scripts will probably break sometimes. I don't care about backwards compatibility at this current stage. Hense why it isn't "released" and is named "srl-development".

Though nothing major should change, but if it does I will let you know here.
    The heads up is much appreciated! It's a fantastic tool and such a shame to see such seldom usage. What all is remaining on the roadmap for SRL-OSR? Anything in particular you'd like some assistance with to help move up that ETA?

Current projects:

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

@Flight: I hope to see some scripts or projects by my next time I come in here
    !No priv. messages please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information