Thread: How to setup Simba on Mac OS + AArch64 question?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Default How to setup Simba on Mac OS + AArch64 question?

I have made the decision to hold off on Simba scripting until I can purchase a Windows laptop. I have had no success getting Simba to work on a Mac M1 environment, whether native or inside a VM, and even with slightly more success on a Windows VPS (mouse movement and click), I have still not being able to get Simba to work with the OSRS client without a FATAL error.

Thank you for those that took the time to help me! Cya soon .

Last edited by Br0d3r1ck; 03-19-2022 at 06:06 AM.
    The Lazy Collection

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

I must apologize as this is certainly not in my realm of knowledge. I'm hopeful that someone with that knowledge will step up and help out here, I'd sure like to see more contributors to the community. As far as your second question goes, I don't believe you must have the 64bit version of Simba if running 64bit Windows. As a rule of thumb I've always used the 32bit version myself. I'm not sure where you downloaded your Simba from but you can pick up the newest version of Simba 32bit from here. I really wish I could help more, but until you're able to at least get Simba up and running, it's beyond my ability.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    I must apologize as this is certainly not in my realm of knowledge. I'm hopeful that someone with that knowledge will step up and help out here, I'd sure like to see more contributors to the community. As far as your second question goes, I don't believe you must have the 64bit version of Simba if running 64bit Windows. As a rule of thumb I've always used the 32bit version myself. I'm not sure where you downloaded your Simba from but you can pick up the newest version of Simba 32bit from here. I really wish I could help more, but until you're able to at least get Simba up and running, it's beyond my ability.
    There is no real reason to recommend 32-bit Simba in 2022. It's not bad advice really, but the reasons we used to do this (some plugins were only built for 32-bit) no longer apply.

64-bit Simba on 64-bit systems should be the default unless specific issues are encountered.

To answer the OP's questions,

1: I don't think you necessarily can as there is no Simba build for macOS ARM. The best you can do on an M1 Mac is run the Darwin64 version through Rosetta2, Apple's x86-to-ARM translation layer. This should mostly work but you will run into various things that are not supported.

2: You can't use either, really. The 64-bit Windows version might run via whatever translation layer Microsoft provides, but you will likely encounter strange issues. The AArch64 build is for Linux ARM.

I replied to your other thread as well. I'm pretty sure I've got everything right here but others may be able to correct me on certain points.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Deleted
    Last edited by Br0d3r1ck; 03-19-2022 at 05:57 AM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Br0d3r1ck View Post
    I am now trying to use the UTM build of Debian Arm, but after installing Simba into downloads (is this the right spot for Linux? Or should I install elsewhere like usr/local/bin?), then getting the SRL-F package... I was met with the error
    Code:
    File "SRL-F/OSR.simba" not found at line 3, column 5 in file "Untitled
    I am assuming this is a result of installing Simba into the incorrect location, but I have no way of finding out... Does anyone have experience in this environment? Debian 10.4 (Xfce) – Other available ARM Linux builds are Ubuntu 20.04, Debian 10.4 (Custom i3), and Debian 10.4 (LDXE).

THANK YOU FOR THE CONTINUED SUPPORT.
    You were right to skip Alpine as it uses musl libc and won't run Simba at all. Arch would have worked but Debian is a far more sensible choice anyway.

At a guess, this new error is because Linux filesystems are case-sensitive. In Flight's repo, the main file is named osr.simba which is different than OSR.simba

Change the line to read SRL-F/osr.simba and you should be able to overcome that error. Note that there may be other changes of this type required.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Thread Information