Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [OSR] Flight's Motherlode-Miner

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1441 Post(s)

Updated to BETA (final version).

This update simply patches a number of bugs throughout the script. You should notice smoother, more reliable object interacting as well as a critical fix to the ladder handling section of the script. It's the final revision of the script's beta phase; beyond this a full release will be in the works, including support for the lower levels. It's very likely it will hereafter require WaspLib to function. As always, please feel free to post feedback here or contact me directly with comments / concerns.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Looks like a great release as always Flight, I'm currently manually getting the nuggets I need to give this a bit of a test for you (I didn't realise how long this takes to do!)

Just out of curiosity, what is the main benefit of doing Motherlode mine compared to other options? It seems to have quite a barrier to entry (in my opinion at least) for what it gives... Is it just to unlock the coal/gem bags or am I going full noob?
    Looking for cheap games? Kinguin has what you need!

Teamwork Tutorial - Akuma Tutorial
    Don't give up, reward is just around the corner.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1441 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tehYosh View Post
    Looks like a great release as always Flight, I'm currently manually getting the nuggets I need to give this a bit of a test for you (I didn't realise how long this takes to do!)

Just out of curiosity, what is the main benefit of doing Motherlode mine compared to other options? It seems to have quite a barrier to entry (in my opinion at least) for what it gives... Is it just to unlock the coal/gem bags or am I going full noob?
    Right, those 100 nuggets are quite a grind. The coal bag is quite beneficial for activities such as Blast Furnace or mining coal in general. The gem bag comes in handy for gem mining in Shilo Village and certain slayer tasks. The prospector outfit can be acquired here and provides a decent XP bonus while worn. The nuggets can also be traded in for soft clay packs as well as uncut gem packs. With rewards aside the script itself provides a stable, decently fast method for upper mining levels and a great array of various ores which is a particular advantage for ironmen. I myself, while wearing mining enhancers (outfit, amulet of glory, celestial ring with a rune pickaxe) am seeing 44k-45k mining XP / hour. So it may not be quite the rate of powermining iron or granite, but it's a great balance between XP and profit.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Right, those 100 nuggets are quite a grind. The coal bag is quite beneficial for activities such as Blast Furnace or mining coal in general. The gem bag comes in handy for gem mining in Shilo Village and certain slayer tasks. The prospector outfit can be acquired here and provides a decent XP bonus while worn. The nuggets can also be traded in for soft clay packs as well as uncut gem packs. With rewards aside the script itself provides a stable, decently fast method for upper mining levels and a great array of various ores which is a particular advantage for ironmen. I myself, while wearing mining enhancers (outfit, amulet of glory, celestial ring with a rune pickaxe) am seeing 44k-45k mining XP / hour. So it may not be quite the rate of powermining iron or granite, but it's a great balance between XP and profit.
    I did wonder if the balance between XP/GP was what you were going for this, and I suppose it's quite a tedious task as well to get the rewards as mentioned... Unfortunately for me I got banned whilst doing some other bits and pieces in my attempt to get to 100 nuggets (Got to 58 as well) so won't be testing this anytime soon... Will race you to see if you get the lower levels working before I get another account anywhere close to doing this!
    Looking for cheap games? Kinguin has what you need!

Teamwork Tutorial - Akuma Tutorial
    Don't give up, reward is just around the corner.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Enjoying this script immensely Flight, thank you for that.
    I had a small compile error (index out of range, low:0, high:-1) on line 753:
    Code:
    RandTile := Zone.WalkTiles[RandomRange(0, 1)];
    So I changed the range to a high of 1, instead of a zone search. Only encountered this error when I set SAMEZONE to True.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information